Rockstar Expects Angry Reactions to GTAIV

Mpilk901

Full point to all above who figured out parental responsibility, you guys are dead on. A lot of the time I spend w/ my kid

is playing SA together & I think she can tell the difference between a video game & real life, so I'm not particularly worried

that she'll go on a killing spree, steal a multi-million dollar attack heli & level some small town. "Hot Coffee" is turned off &

the language is no worse than what she hears at school. She understands the language is inappropriate for her age & the

whole "Grove 4 life" thing is pretty laughable. I think I'm on track teaching her right from wrong.

At 13 her goals are go to college, cure cancer, buy an island & every last car in Gran Turismo 4.

Worst part is that people like Jack(ass) Thompson literally could not care less about what kids are exposed to, he's

just in it for any potential money he can extort from R* in court.

What I can't get my head round is how GTA is targeted because of the criminal acts it allows players to carry out. The worst of all these atrocities of course being Murder & occasionally the odd count of Mass Murder. But the fact is that R* arn't the pioneeers of in game homicide, far from it, there are a multitude of games which allow gamers young & old to either satisfy their blood lust or to simply carry out misdemeanors.

Long before the GTA Franchise, R*or even the Playstation, had come into existance, overzealous children were firing replica hand guns in order to kill other living creatures in the Nintendo game Duck Hunt. The majority of whom probably would have failed to provide either a valid hunting or fire arms license when asked, but still no law suits.

So maybe the graphics back then were a little crude & shooting up livestock isn't quite the same as taking another man's life, but I'm pretty sure that when playing Goldeneye on the N64 most people knew what they were doing as they offed clueless foot soldiers in full 3D glory. Perhaps JT would have taken issue with this game, were it not for Bond's license to kill? :pissedred: