Hidden Peds Update

RanxeroX

Those of you who followed my earlier post about enabling 3 hidden peds (pimp, preacher & lifeguard) Read Original will be happy to know that I've figured out how to get the pimp's audio working. It looks like it was disabled by renaming it in the audio stream file. Either that or not updating with the correct info in the proper place.

To get it working, load Notepad and open the peds.ide file. Goto entry #249 for BMYPIMP's settings. The last two settings should say VOICE_GEN_BMYPIMP, VOICE_GEN_BMYPIMP. Change both of them to read VOICE_GEN_BYMPI. Save and exit.

Now when you see the pimp on the street, he'll speak when triggered by various events, just like other pedestrians. Cause him to jump out of the way and he'll say things like,"You scuffin' my digs!" or "Cool it, sucka!". He'll also talk to himself and spout various lines if you're within earshot. The best I've heard so far is,"Selling pussy is good for America". He even stops to talk to other peds - unlike the preacher.

Enjoy!

Man, how the f*ck you found that? It's awesome.

I didn't exactly 'find' it... I came across a tutorial of sorts on the audio streams while on Gtaforums.com. I was doing that because I was trying to find out why the audio for the pimp wasn't working. In the text, it had the label 'BYMPI'. Checking the other ped names listed showed that it was virtually the only one that didn't match (eg. wfyjg). I figured that it must logically be the pimp's. So I tried it and it worked!

Lou Park: To who are you asking if it worked? Me? Your previous reply said that it works so you've got me confused...

Stay tuned cuz I'm working/testing another ped who got deleted! :whistle: Should have details next time I'm on here.