In Game Driving Views

Cadaver

I've really been looking forward to GTA 4. In all other GTA's the player has been able to select a view when in the car (pressing select). One of the views was supposed to be in the car although it looked more like from the front bumper. Despite this you were able to press R2 or L2 or both to see inside the car (right, left and behind). What I would really like in the new GTA is to have an "inside-the-car" driving view where you actually see the steering wheel and dash board - much like a rally game. Imagine the realism this will inject into the game. I was wondering whether anyone new anything about this?

I've really been looking forward to GTA 4. In all other GTA's the player has been able to select a view when in the car (pressing select). One of the views was supposed to be in the car although it looked more like from the front bumper. Despite this you were able to press R2 or L2 or both to see inside the car (right, left and behind). What I would really like in the new GTA is to have an "inside-the-car" driving view where you actually see the steering wheel and dash board - much like a rally game. Imagine the realism this will inject into the game. I was wondering whether anyone new anything about this?

The inside view would be great; the previous first-person vehicle view was rawther crappy for my tastes...

did they already released a screen shot showing the inside-the-car view?

I haven't seen one, although I did see a screenshot that showed Niko shooting at a car. You could see the smashed widscreen. I think this must have been a cutscene, though. I haven't seen any in-game screens....

• 2 weeks later...