New GTAIV Info in GamesMaster

Chris

gamesmastermarch08.jpgUK magazine Games Master has a new preview of GTA IV in their latest issue, in it is a fair bit of new information, summarised below:

• Cars no longer explode when flipped over.
  • Grenades can be thrown from cars.
  • You can push pedestrians out of the way using the B button on the Xbox 360 (presumably Circle on the PS3).
  • Police AI has been improved and they won't shoot unless you've committed a serious offence, running from them will cause them to open fire.
  • Different melee attacks can be preformed by holding down the right trigger and pressing Y, X or B.
  • The cover system is similar to that in Gears of War, you can also blind fire.
  • You'll notice characters breathing when it's cold.
  • Some of the gangs in Liberty City are the Mafia, Jamaicans, Triads and Irish.
  • Some in-game bridges have tolls.
  • Spinners (on wheels) have been implemented due to the community's requests.
  • Niko has an e-mail account and also uses RSS feeds. These can be accessed at any TW@ Internet café
  • Radio stations will often report on events you've caused (e.g. completing missions, killing mob bosses)
  • After running over a pedestrian blood spatter appears on the bumper and windshield of the car.

Thanks to cmacca4 for the scans.

gamesmastermarch08.jpgUK magazine Games Master has a new preview of GTA IV in their latest issue, in it is a fair bit of new information, summarised below:

• You can push pedestrians out of the way using the B button on the Xbox 360 (presumably Circle on the PS3).
  • Police AI has been improved and they won't shoot unless you've committed a serious offence, running from them will cause them to open fire.
  • Different melee attacks can be preformed by holding down the right trigger and pressing Y, X or B.
  • Niko has an e-mail account and also uses RSS feeds. These can be accessed at any TW@ Internet café
  • Radio stations will often report on events you've caused (e.g. completing missions, killing mob bosses)
  • After running over a pedestrian blood spatter appears on the bumper and windshield of the car.

As for the email and RSS feeds, does that mean that having your console connected would enhance gameplay? And, in real life, cars don't explode when flipped over, except in some cases.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

As for the email and RSS feeds, does that mean that having your console connected would enhance gameplay? And, in real life, cars don't explode when flipped over, except in some cases.

In-game e-mail/RSS feeds...

Nice information, also spinners are pretty common nowadays in America. Stupid, agreed, but more realistic.

^ I don't think it's released in Wales. You could try and import it to Wales, if you go on their official website, wherever that may be. I also don't think it's out yet.

EDIT: I just had a look, and it comes out Wednesday 13th Feb, so 3 days until it's in the shops, or less if you're a subscriber. Nice info though, those who said that it's disappointing the cars won't explode any more are idiots, I welcome the change, it was stupid in the first place. Points 3 and 4 are decent, pushing pedestrians out the way sounds like Assassins Creed - I think you can see that in the 'Vlad' trailer released a few days ago, and the cops shooting at you if you flee from them sounds great as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad cars don't explode when flipped but what happens when it does cos it will be wrecked anyway.

One good thing is the spinners..... not! Its really tacky niko is from eastern europe not the ghetto. Oh well could be worse.

don't mean to brag and moan at the same time but I have xbox an ps3 and have played saints row and it seems that gta have pinched a few ideas like getting drunk and driving. Eagerly awaiting April 29th which is also my mums birthday useless bit of info but true lol