Next GTA Location

Phantom_Renegde

Where do you think the next GTA will be set?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the next GTA will be set?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • Los Santos
    • San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Chicago
    • Carcer City
    • London
    • The UK
    • Europe
    • Australia
    • Tokyo
    • Futuristic city (like GTA2)
    • Other real life city
    • New fictional city

Airport is very big... I think it's fake because LA is very small on this map. Much smaller than Liberty City from GTA IV.

But this is very good fanwork, all places that we know are on this map and the topography is very intersting.

Edited by TALI_ZR

• 2 weeks later...

@amazingdude

Relating to yer LA Noire post, maybe they will use the map from LA Noire as base for Los Santos? Would save a lot of time...

I doubt they are that lazy, also LA noire is a complete different franchise even if both game's are set in LA

Beside's vinewood and maybe a few more 'iconic' location's of San Andreas.. It's looking very likley the map is gonna differ from the original map. I was kinda hoping for it to be mapped out just like San An tbh but they'll probably go for a more realistic style like they did with IV

Waiting for this game is gonna kill me >< haha

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuck DLC, they should include it in the main base game. I hate this recent trend of DLC. Alot of game's nowaday's have DLC come out the very day the game get's released!

Map will defo be bigger then IV's, but bigger then S.A's map? Hmmm maybe but I dunno, San An is huge.

I'm also very curious as to who the main charecter is going to be, in the trailer you see a guy who looks alot like CJ (the guy who's putting the roof down on his car and is wearing a white tank top and blue jean's). If the main character was CJ again that would be awesome

The GTA V Era Los Santos is goning to be WAY bigger than the GTA IV Era Liberty City. However, you must remember, Los Santos is a city, not a state. If Rockstar is making Los Sanots a city instead of a state, it would definitely be smaller than San Andreas.

Also, I highly doubt CJ will appear in GTA V. He would be too old by then. Also, GTA V would most likely be a reboot of the GTA series, so if that was the case, CJ wouldn't exist in the new timeline.

There is nothing wrong with DLCs, except for the fact that they have less missions, and possibly less features. Just think of it as a different video game of the same series.

And dude, please don't swear. It ain't cool to do so.

Edited by MrLanceVanceDance

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next location could in theory be a revisioned Miami, Not Vice City as some hope, or HD version of LC of old aka GTA III, Aaron Garbut is pretty much dead set against that, but Miami in a more realistic approach could happen in the guise of Vice City in namesake

It's also possible to continue with the STORIES portable versions with VC being more accurate to it's predecessor

Next location could in theory be a revisioned Miami, Not Vice City as some hope, or HD version of LC of old aka GTA III, Aaron Garbut is pretty much dead set against that, but Miami in a more realistic approach could happen in the guise of Vice City in namesake

It's also possible to continue with the STORIES portable versions with VC being more accurate to it's predecessor

You do realise the location is Los Santos, as everyone has known for months.

Los Santos for GTA V, we all know that, but as the mapping threads seem to suggest from what people know of the actual cities, it appears that GTA V will be reimagined in much the same way as New York was for GTA IV, that's why I suggest it will be the same to re-use one last city, rather then come up with a totally new and obscure map, not related to previous games. This herein lies the crux of what Rockstar will do in the future for the GTA franchise. Some speculate the series to go beyond the USA, only TRUE word from Rockstar about that was from Sam Houser saying it's possible, but there are no plans for that. The question begs then, or remains open.... Just when will those plans actually formulate!??

Seriously, wtf.

Your post didn't make any sense, what are you saying?

From what I can make out, you think that this will be the last game to re-use a location?

'This herein lies the crux', 'The question begs then, or remains open'; This is a forum, not a poetry lecture, there is no need to try and sound learned. Especially when it doesnt make any sense.

Try and keep the language simple, more people will be able to understand you.

Edited by Bustago

I don't see what you're missing, So far GTA has re-hashed known locations and character reference. I'm not saying the map isn't different, but those differences were VERY minute for the GTA Stories portable versions.

What I am getting at is I expect new locations and characters, though I've no objection to homage and paying respects to the fictional universe. Hope you can make sense from that, it's not that hard. I wanted a new ENTIRE world within the GTA concept, what we get is MORE Liberty City or Vice City, or San Andreas, it's disappointing in that respect, mainly because the USA is more then Florida, New York and California. The problem is the limelight is always in the same place, the Coasts of the USA.

As for the crux, or specifically, the quotes from my post, they DO make sense. hardly poetry, just good prose! haha

What the statement is in regard to is SAM HOUSER, President of Rockstar is saying, he said in response to GTA taking place OUTSIDE the USA, it WAS and IS entirely possible, but the plans don't exist at present, that is always a year or so old since he said that, what we don't know is when these plans come to fruition.

If you're unfamiliar with the term, look it up, it's a real word! haha

I'm offering what I've read over the years, I discount what's purely fan speculation, but what we can discern from Rockstar's product, statements, etc. It's a bit of a puzzle to put together since they won't speculate on something they're working on, where they pointed out with the latest Asked and Answered, rumors are just that, and the reason for lack of info is it's not written in stone "yet"

Edited by BlackListedB

I understand what you are saying about so far Rockstar has re-used the same cities as bases for the GTA counterparts, but 'ENTIRE new world'? Do you want GTA on a global scale? Because that would be impossible.

Or do you want less well known American cities to be used as a base, which will never happen, GTA is a British series, the majority of development takes place in Edinburgh. There would be no point setting a game in a random city because the developers and audience wouldn't understand the reference.

'What we get is MORE Liberty City or Vice City, or San Andreas' is the issue that they re-use the name or the cities they're based upon? Because Liberty City in GTA was completely different to the one in GTA III and both of those are completely different to the one in GTA IV, the same goes for Vice City and San Andreas (which went from a city to a state!). And I don't doubt that there could be a GTA outside the USA, there have been two in the past.

But this is a discussion on the location of GTA V, not future games. What I am trying to say is the information you are presenting, is different to what is already known about the GTA V location, and is not relevant to the topic.

Edited by Bustago

Entire World means all new elements, based on what geography offers the game play and Open World, not a clear homage or connection to past GTA or REAL WORLD, that's what I mean, the World within each GTA outting, not in the REAL sense, get me?

What the main question for this is, Vice City up next??? Or something entirely different? Will Rockstar go out on a limb in such a manner?

I understand what you are saying about so far Rockstar has re-used the same cities as bases for the GTA counterparts, but 'ENTIRE new world'? Do you want GTA on a global scale? Because that would be impossible.

Or do you want less well known American cities to be used as a base, which will never happen, GTA is a British series, the majority of development takes place in Edinburgh. There would be no point setting a game in a random city because the developers and audience wouldn't understand the reference.

'What we get is MORE Liberty City or Vice City, or San Andreas' is the issue that they re-use the name or the cities they're based upon? Because Liberty City in GTA was completely different to the one in GTA III and both of those are completely different to the one in GTA IV, the same goes for Vice City and San Andreas (which went from a city to a state!). And I don't doubt that there could be a GTA outside the USA, there have been two in the past.

But this is a discussion on the location of GTA V, not future games. What I am trying to say is the information you are presenting, is different to what is already known about the GTA V location, and is not relevant to the topic.

To say a Global setting GTA won't happen, that's not so, as I said, Sam Houser said to the press he believes it's possible, just not in their "game plan" at present, which itself is a dated comment, as I am explaining.

As for random city, also already happened with the amalgamation of US Cities for GTA 3's Liberty City

USA cities will be Rockstar's focus for no better reason then the culture to parody

Edited by BlackListedB

• 1 month later...

not really a guess more of an idea

A scaled- down version of the U.S.A featuring Revisions of all of the major cities in the game series

near the west coast end of the map would be 2 major cities of san andreas all remade and expanded in hd graphics

Los santos

san fierro

a remade and expanded Las venturas would be just west of the center of the map

Near the North east corner of the map would be GTA4's liberty city

and near the south east corner would be a remade and expanded vice city.

All the in between spots would be filled with countryside scenes in the eastern half

and desert scenes in the western half complete with small towns no bigger then 1\3 of the size of the major cities

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Or Carcer City (no, kidding)

It could be San Andreas. A completely new S.A.

Lhamalhama agrees, I have said this after talk about a year or so ago about some Rockstar hands being spotted in a Midwest locale, as before, it turned out to be Los Santos and California now with GTA V, and previous rumors were that Vinewood was the key setting, and lo and behold it was. Spider, you were on GTAForums enough to realize where I read that!?

Carcer is thought to be a fill in city for Detriot which was one of the single models used in the GTA 3 hybrid. Liberty City in GTA IV was not a hybrid given the complexity allowed, it paid strict homage to New York. Now Rockstar have found it too hard to resist returning to LS in California this time, but will they do the same for Vice City?? I remain unsure, but I could see appending a smaller game about Vice City, perhaps as a place to fly to from a main game 'port of call'??