Problem with San Andreas

rikitiki

i tryed to download new drivers from nVida, but if i try to run it it says that: The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attemting to run has been corrupted. Please optain another copy of this file, verify its integrity, and try again.

But i have deleted and downloaded it 10 times, wont work.

And also i downloaded Colin Mcrae Rally 04 to my computer, and if i try to run it it says : ''No compitable 3d cards detected'' ( It used to work )

rikitiki, have you tried deleting the gta_sa.set file in the GTA San Andreas User Files folder.

The gta_sa.set file doesn't get deleted when you uninstall the game, so it has to be done manually.

A new gta_sa.set file will automactically be generated when you start the game.

When I installed a new video card in my PC, I had the same problem you're having. I had to reconfigure my settings after that, but that wasn't a big deal, and everything worked fine after that.

rikitiki, have you tried deleting the gta_sa.set file in the GTA San Andreas User Files folder.

The gta_sa.set file doesn't get deleted when you uninstall the game, so it has to be done manually.

A new gta_sa.set file will automactically be generated when you start the game.

When I installed a new video card in my PC, I had the same problem you're having. I had to reconfigure my settings after that, but that wasn't a big deal, and everything worked fine after that.

I dont have that .set file... Ande where i can change those settings ? :S

A new gta_sa.set file will automatically be generated when you start the game.

The gta_sa.set file is located in \My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. Just delete it, that's all. A new gta_sa.set file will automatically be generated when you start the game.

After that, you may want to reconfigure your game settings to the way they were before, but you don't have to. The Game Settings can be changed after you've successfully launched the game.

The gta_sa.set file contains your settings, and whenever something is changed on your computer, you usually have to delete that file in order for San Andreas to function again.

The gta_sa.set file also contains settings that you cannot alter; those settings are based on your computers previous settings, specifically, the settings you had before you made changes to your computer, that's why San Andreas won't launch.

In your first post, you stated that you reinstalled the game, however, reinstalling the game does not replace your original gta_sa.set file. You’re trying to launch San Andreas while still using the old file, it must be replaced, and the only way to replace the file is to delete it and let the game generate a new one for you.

Just delete the gta_sa.set file, that's all.

Edited by zmoonchild

A new gta_sa.set file will automatically be generated when you start the game.

The gta_sa.set file is located in \My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. Just delete it, that's all. A new gta_sa.set file will automatically be generated when you start the game.

After that, you may want to reconfigure your game settings to the way they were before, but you don't have to. The Game Settings can be changed after you've successfully launched the game.

The gta_sa.set file contains your settings, and whenever something is changed on your computer, you usually have to delete that file in order for San Andreas to function again.

The gta_sa.set file also contains settings that you cannot alter; those settings are based on your computers previous settings, specifically, the settings you had before you made changes to your computer, that's why San Andreas won't launch.

In your first post, you stated that you reinstalled the game, however, reinstalling the game does not replace your original gta_sa.set file. You’re trying to launch San Andreas while still using the old file, it must be replaced, and the only way to replace the file is to delete it and let the game generate a new one for you.

Just delete the gta_sa.set file, that's all.

The point is, I dont have that file

Okay then, which version of San Andreas do you have?

v1.0 and v2.0 both store the gta_sa.set file in \My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files.

I’m not sure where v3.0 stores the file.

If you have a cracked (illegally downloaded version), then the file could be anywhere. I can’t (and won’t) help you with that.

v1.0 and v2.0 both store the gta_sa.set file in \My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files.

If you have a cracked (illegally downloaded version), then the file could be anywhere. I can’t (and won’t) help you with that.

I have original game, and i think i deleted that file manualy :S
You should, how do you play the game without it? It holds all your settings.
It will go in that folder after the game starts first time, but my game... Wont start :S

It will go in that folder after the game starts first time, but my game... Wont start :S

You need to delete the file while the game is 'off', then start the game. ;)

You need to delete the file while the game is 'off', then start the game. ;)

I dont have that file there, i think i deleted it manualy when i first saw that my game didnt work and uninstalled the game

Maybe since ur card is Geforce 2 MX...not totally DX9 friendly - it would be "compatible" , but maybe GTA:SA is just being a whore :lol: or your operating system is reporting that it has 32MB or 16MB or something.

Other than that, its that u dont have DirectX 9.0c which u can get HERE

Or its the drivers (which you say are corrupt)... What internet do you have? (eg DSL, dialup, cable)

*********edit

im about to find the newest drivers and give direct link

are you running XP

if you are then click HERE !!! to get the exact driver for your video card. if this is corrupted, then theres something else wrong with your computer

Edited by WRX22B1998