Vice City play disc exploded...

Connor

Well, I was playing Vice City, it was all going fine, then I heard a big cracking snap, then the computer just went, "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!". I ran to the switch and turned the thing off. Out popped the disc tray, reveals a shattered half of my disc, then I spent ages opening up my computer, opening up the disc drive, then pouring out the dust what was made from my cute little Vice City disc. <_<

Thought that was worth a topic, it has a little lesson in it too, don't leave discs in your computer non-stop for over a week. :P

Well, I was playing Vice City, it was all going fine, then I heard a big cracking snap, then the computer just went, "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!". I ran to the switch and turned the thing off. Out popped the disc tray, reveals a shattered half of my disc, then I spent ages opening up my computer, opening up the disc drive, then pouring out the dust what was made from my cute little Vice City disc. <_<

Thought that was worth a topic, it has a little lesson in it too, don't leave discs in your computer non-stop for over a week. :P

You VC is pwned I guess....

LOL...

Ya exactly right. you should have just made a backup ISO (like I do with heaps of my games) keep the ISO on the hard disk, then put the disc back in the cover, and leave it there. Only for if you need to reinstall

That way no younger siblings / family / idiots can scratch / ruin / explode? your disc/s

LOL...

Ya exactly right. you should have just made a backup ISO (like I do with heaps of my games) keep the ISO on the hard disk, then put the disc back in the cover, and leave it there. Only for if you need to reinstall

That way no younger siblings / family / idiots can scratch / ruin / explode? your disc/s

Not always a solution. Some games prevent that. The Sims 2, for example. I tried running it on a backup disk and it flat out told me to use the real disk and not a backup. Well, SHIT, if I could use the original, WHY would I be using a backup!?

That happened to me once.

I was burning a movie, had it on like 8x or something. And the disk blew up, I had to get 2 new burners, video card, usb drives and a case, plus some of it went into my arm and I started bleeding. That was a fun week, but that's going back, 2 years ago now.

Nothing happened since.