Pre-Order

Zop-2911

I am wandering whats the best thing to do. I might pre-order it at shopto.net because its £37.99 and it'll be guaranteed for release day (is there anywhere cheaper?). Or to wait until near the release day and hope that GAME for a midnight release or something, do you think they would or only on consoles?

Edited by jackthewelshman

Hang on though, have you found this site just because it's the cheapest? I'd personally pre-order from a well-known site like Play.com or Amazon.co.uk, to avoid disappointment. And don't think about waiting outside the shop, pre-order it and you don't have to worry about any of that. Only use that site if you're sure they're a decent site, otherwise go for one of the 2 I posted.

EDIT: Having said that, the site looks okay. But TBH, do what you feel is best.

Edited by The Bossman

I have chosen it because it is cheapest, and did consider the other ones (but thanks for mentioning them). I've used shopto, and they are very reliable (even though the site may not look great at 1st glance). They have an online tracking service that works with every order because they always post by 1st class recorded delivery. You can order up to 5:30pm with them and get games delivered next day free.

ShopTo.net is fine, I've ordered from there before. They are fairly well known.

EDIT: WTF you have to pay extra to preorder in America? Wow. Anyway if anyone else wants to preorder from GAME, Play.com, Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, then please make use of the links on our Support Us page. That way you'll be helping out TGTAP at the same time, plus guaranteeing delivery before or on release date.

Since Vice City I've received every GTA game 1 or 2 days before release date simply because I ordered online. Fuck going into a store.

EDIT: WTF you have to pay extra to preorder in America? Wow. Anyway if anyone else wants to preorder from GAME, Play.com, Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, then please make use of the links on our Support Us page. That way you'll be helping out TGTAP at the same time, plus guaranteeing delivery before or on release date.

Since Vice City I've received every GTA game 1 or 2 days before release date simply because I ordered online. Fuck going into a store.

Yeah, I sometimes get movies I pre-ordered through Amazon on the Monday before they should really be released. I'm wondering if this would work with games too, if so I'll pre-order on Amazon and get all the GTA-goodness a day early.

No, the $5 goes towards the total purchase, it's just so they know your not fucking around with them.

Yeah, I sometimes get movies I pre-ordered through Amazon on the Monday before they should really be released. I'm wondering if this would work with games too, if so I'll pre-order on Amazon and get all the GTA-goodness a day early.

I have asked this at customer service. Normally companies can sneek some DVD's or games a day (or longer) early to you if they get stock early or whatever. But with big releases like this there is a special rule given on the release date, I can't remember what they its called, I think its embargo or something e.g. they say "don't post this any earlier than Saturday 9pm". This happened with the Halo release, most shops had stock days or weeks in advance, at some place in the UK they accidentally sold some copies of Halo 3 about a week before release - I think the retailer got into trouble for it.