Will GTAIV be like GTA SA?

PJ-34

What I mean by this is that is GTAIV going to be as big as of a game as SA was? are you going to be able to swin, have a large selection of air vehicles, parachute, get tattoo, hair and clothes changes and do all that sort of stuff or is it going to be a downgrade and dissapoint?

What I mean by this is that is GTAIV going to be as big as of a game as SA was? are you going to be able to swin, have a large selection of air vehicles, parachute, get tattoo, hair and clothes changes and do all that sort of stuff or is it going to be a downgrade and dissapoint?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9286

That link is the fact sheet, but to answer a few of your questions, IV will be a bit smaller as far as the map goes, and as always im sure there will be a large selection of cars to choose from, changing clothes I don't think is going to be as prominent.

It has been confirmed that Niko can swim and fly helicopters, but you won't be able to fly any planes this time. Changing clothes will be like Vice Cities where you get the suit instead of picking what you want like in San Andreas. For hair cuts and tattoos, I don't think they are in GTAIV since I haven't heard anything about them. Its mostly likely they won't appear

Edited by Noru

For hair cuts and tattoos, I don't think they are GTAIV since I haven't heard anything about them. Its mostly likely they won't appear

Yeah I think you're right there, they want to keep Nico as the character your playing, not a custom character. Hmmmm, maybe a tatoo I dunno.

But Steveo yes its going to be a massive game, just take a look at the trailers, the news updates etc - there will be lots to do, don't worry!

I don't think anything in SA is pointless. That game is like The Sims rated M. You can do just about everything in SA from doing drive bys to playing pool.

How bout most of the map? There was far too much countryside, which granted added to the realism & was proportionate to the scale of the cities, but it wasn't as fun a playground as the urban settings. What R* have done is spot on, focusing on quality & not quantity, I'd take a smaller city that I can really interact with over a huge sparse map any day.

I don't think anything in SA is pointless. That game is like The Sims rated M. You can do just about everything in SA from doing drive bys to playing pool.

How bout most of the map? There was far too much countryside, which granted added to the realism & was proportionate to the scale of the cities, but it wasn't as fun a playground as the urban settings. What R* have done is spot on, focusing on quality & not quantity, I'd take a smaller city that I can really interact with over a huge sparse map any day.

right, luckily this time R* made a city with no vast wasteland... yet almost large as SA

I think the clothes system will be similar to san andreas. In trailers and screenshots if seen quite a few different combinations of clothing. for example...

here is niko with his original jacket and trackpants

3353_gtaiv_broker_elevated_tracks.jpg

here he is also in the same jacket but with jeans on.

3892_gta_iv.jpg

theres others i have noticed too but i cant be assed to post them all.

I really don't think it was pointless, I actually liked driving around the countryside and desert, in fact the desert is where I spend most of my time.

Anybody think that GTA4 from R* is trying to do what refraction did for Driv3r? Driv3r had great physics, quality recreation of cities (even more than the consoles rendering abilities), and decent realism...similar to what R* is trying to do but with a damn better story, combat system, higher realism..etc.

Edited by ktr

I really don't think they're trying to copy DRIV3R, GTA has been a better series for all this time.

I didnt say "copy", i said they are trying to do what refraction tried to pull off with driv3r. I do love the GTA series when it turned 3D, but I still love Driver 1 and 2. But i have to admit that GTA4 are taking some things from Driver: PL (mostly the felony system, but then when the game came out for the wii, they put the GTA's stars), but saying that, what hasn't Driver: PL taken from the GTA series (more or less a GTA clone).

Over all, i think R* is coping many games and their ideas, to make a massive, better, ultimate gaming experience...which we the consumers will benefit.

Edited by ktr

I really don't think they're trying to copy DRIV3R, GTA has been a better series for all this time.

I didnt say "copy", i said they are trying to do what refraction tried to pull off with driv3r. I do love the GTA series when it turned 3D, but I still love Driver 1 and 2. But i have to admit that GTA4 are taking some things from Driver: PL (mostly the felony system, but then when the game came out for the wii, they put the GTA's stars), but saying that, what hasn't Driver: PL taken from the GTA series (more or less a GTA clone).

Over all, i think R* is coping many games and their ideas, to make a massive, better, ultimate gaming experience...which we the consumers will benefit.

BOLD: Name some.

BOLD: Name some.

For starters.

*Felony system is from Driver: PL ...the idea of losing the line of site within an area where the felony started, able to see police location on gps.

*Combat system is from Gears of war and Uncharted ...the covering system, how you aim and shoot is similar from what i have read.

*Car physics and collision in a sandbox game is from Driv3r ...not much to explain, if you played the game you will know. Driv3r had good car physics/collision, but crappy story line and combat system.

*Flying out of your windshield from a hard collision is from Flatout. Some other stuff came from Motorstorm.

*Having gps in cars, and a dashboard view has been nicely done in Test Drive: unlimited... sadly the game is very buggy.

*The game does share a bit from Scarface game and Saints row... I dont want to go into the details, but its not a lot of stuff.

*Pushing peds to avoid the cops attention came from Assassin's Creed.

*Some of the higher detail to the environment came from RPG games....but what hasn't, RPG games tend to have massive detail in there level design.

And if i put a little more effort i bet i can find a little more.

Personally, I dont care, and neither should you...I like those things from the other games, and now having it one one awesome package, and plus some (a big "some"), and a great story line is gonna make GTA4 the game of the century!!!

Edited by ktr

Typical fanboy, reads one line, and starts arguing. I thought i have left that at gtaforums.com.

I DIDNT SAY COPING CONCEPTS IS A BAD THING! Read the last line. And I said nothing regarding "game is copying another because in both games you can shoot a gun"...what i have said (again, typical fanboys cannot read) that the combat system borrows concepts from gears and uncharted.

What you are saying is really stupid, sorry.

What you are doing is barely the same thing as me saying that a game is copying another because in both games you can shoot a gun.

I have to agree, I don't mean it offensively but those things could be from any game. Last time I checked Driv3r copied Rockstar.

The driver series and the GTA series, both came around the same time and both did the same thing. So it is obvious that both share similar things. I do admit that Driv3r did try to copy the idea that guns and blowing up stuff (if they have stick to driving, driv3r would been rated better). But Driv3r did come up with car physics/collision in the sandbox genre and did map the cities to they actual counterparts to the best of abilites.

Edited by ktr

I don't care if you didn't say copying concepts is a bad thing, I completely disagree with you here. What next gen game now doesn't have good physics, in Saint's Row you could fly out of the windshield, do you really think Rockstar copied Saint's Row just like Saint's Row copied Rockstar? Driv3r came out after Vice City, right? How many years later did San Andreas come out? Why didn't they use all of those things from Driv3r in San Andreas?

BTW, "typical fanboy"? Welcome to a GTA forum where most likely people will stick up to GTA.

Also, I had all of those ideas before Driv3r came out, is Rockstar copying me?

Delete my account.

Thanks.

I guess I will continue this same discussion that i am having to another typical fan site which is open to these discussions. What happened to enjoying games in general. Why defend one game, one series...what wrong with the other games. Whats wrong with concepts/ideas from other games. Why did you have to twist my posts to make me wrong? I guess ignorance is a bliss in this site.

Haha, i am just looking at your guys profiles, you all under age of 17...the minimum age to play this games (you at 14, the other at 13). You not even mature enough to understand the previous humor from the game alone. You will need to ask your mom to buy the game for you.

GTA community is a sad community...contaminated for younglings like you.

Delete my account.

Thanks.

I guess I will continue this same discussion that i am having to another typical fan site which is open to these discussions. What happened to enjoying games in general. Why defend one game, one series...what wrong with the other games. Whats wrong with concepts/ideas from other games. Why did you have to twist my posts to make me wrong? I guess ignorance is a bliss in this site.

Haha, i am just looking at your guys profiles, you all under age of 17...the minimum age to play this games (you at 14, the other at 13). You not even mature enough to understand the previous humor from the game alone. You will need to ask your mom to buy the game for you.

GTA community is a sad community...contaminated for younglings like you.

Hey guys ban ktr the f**kin loser, if he's gonna call the GTA Comunnity sad, plus for your info loads of ppl here are gonna be 18 when this game comes out and delete this topic or lock it because its going off topic!

Edited by mark866