My new guitar

Davve

since this thread is a lil about music and I'm so happy that I need to show this to someone.

I bought a new guitar today and I love it, if anyone out there is searching for a good not too expensive guitar, I really recommend this Epiphone G400

Picture

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/p...dff1685bcda.jpg

I love the old school look with the wood, it's mahogny which makes the sound stay long and and stay great :P

(sorry if this is in wrong forum but I didn't know where to post it really....)

Spider

Some people don't bother to think if they can play that instrument or not. Thats why I waited before I got one and learned how to play the Bass Guitar and Keyboard at school, then I bought them.

I haven't got an Electric Guitar but if I was to choose I wouldn't pick that effect but maybe a Black/Yellow and White/Red combination if you can choose multiple colours on an Electric Guitar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That guitar what Spaz posted is a little bit awesome. I actually quite like the guitar what Spaz posted. Anyway, I really want an Electric Guitar but my parents won't allow it because they think it would be too loud which is Bull because you can actually adjust the volume on Modern Equipment.

That guitar what Spaz posted is a little bit awesome. I actually quite like the guitar what Spaz posted. Anyway, I really want an Electric Guitar but my parents won't allow it because they think it would be too loud which is Bull because you can actually adjust the volume on Modern Equipment.

Or, y'know, turn it off/unplug it.

All men play on ten :P

Not very good, electric unplugged sounds more like an acoustic so not good when playing anything distorted. I'd say stick to the acoustic in case you have to always keep quiet, no need to say it sounds much better than electric unplugged.

So, you really need to have "pounding sound"?

Just play in the garage then.

I think headphones give a good clean sound, even when the tone is heavy.

I use my computer for guitar though. I think its much better that way. I can record straight in without any use of mics or anything.

All men play on ten :P

Not very good, electric unplugged sounds more like an acoustic so not good when playing anything distorted. I'd say stick to the acoustic in case you have to always keep quiet, no need to say it sounds much better than electric unplugged.

THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN!

And why would it matter? His complaint was the noise bothering his family, so that's the solution. Distortion would be definitely out of the question. And the acoustic would probably be too loud, also. You can play the electric unplugged and still hear the tone and know whether or not you're playing correctly. You can still play distorted stuff, you just won't have the distortion. If you're imaginative enough, it won't dampen your practice and/or experience.

Besides, he doesn't have one, which means he PROBABLY doesn't know how to play yet, which means distortion is entirely meaningless to him right now. Just ignore distortion, or any effect, until you can play a bit. It will just mess you up. There's NO need to have effects until you can play something to use them on.

And why would it matter? His complaint was the noise bothering his family, so that's the solution. Distortion would be definitely out of the question. And the acoustic would probably be too loud, also. You can play the electric unplugged and still hear the tone and know whether or not you're playing correctly. You can still play distorted stuff, you just won't have the distortion. If you're imaginative enough, it won't dampen your practice and/or experience.

Besides, he doesn't have one, which means he PROBABLY doesn't know how to play yet, which means distortion is entirely meaningless to him right now. Just ignore distortion, or any effect, until you can play a bit. It will just mess you up. There's NO need to have effects until you can play something to use them on.

Not really, acoustic (when played with fingers) is really quiet. As quiet as an electric unplugged. But acoustic can be quite louder when using a pick. Unlike the electric one, lacking the acoustic box.

And there is one important thing about acoustic guitars - the strings are harder to press and less tolerant to bad pressing, thus require better playing technique. So it's a great start. All the people I know that pwn electric guitars these days have started on acoustic first, developing a much better technique. Not to mention acoustics are good for playing to your friends from time to time. SO yeah, if he's new, I strongly require an acoustic for a start, atleast for a few months so he develops a decent technique. Or if you wish to skip that step just go to the garage and turn the volume up :D.

Oh, and distortion comes into play very soon, pretty much all of it are power chords which are easy to learn.