So Chris' sig suggests he's working on some new stuff

Chris

Hi, I'm here on a rare visit to TGTAP's magnificent Entertainment forum, where we all discuss what entertains us in the way of music, film, TV, and literature. As you may well have guessed by now, I am indeed working with someone on creating some new fansites. Moving away from games this time though, and into the world of television - which you may also have guessed after spotting Summer Glau has terminated my previous signature.

Now, before I shamelessly plug the network some more, I should point out what sort of TV shows we're creating websites for. Current fan favourites such as Lost, Heroes, House, Smallville, Scrubs... basically anything with more than 1 season already is what we will not be covering. No, the web is already saturated with fansites for those, Lost in particular due to the nature of the show demanding answers to everything!

The shows we're covering are all new. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Chuck, will be our first two show sites to launch, hopefully later this month, or early March. Chuck has already proven itself to be fairly popular after just 13 episodes, and T:TSCC is looking very promising, and I'm a huge Terminator (and Summer Glau) fan myself.

The rest of the shows we have planned sites for you won't have heard of - they're all still in development, and pilots haven't aired yet. There's a mixture of drama, comedy, and action type stuff.

Hopefully some of you guys also watch or download (legally of course ;) ) and regularly watch TV shows, and perhaps you're even a fan of the two shows I've already mentioned. If so that's great, and I hope you're interested in becoming part of a promising new community - we're not ready to launch yet, but I'll reveal the website to you when we are, and we hope that you can become a good member there, as you are here.

I am still of course working with TGTAP, it's my life, I'll never leave it. However, I'd also like to move on to new things, and not games any more.

If you have any questions, suggestions of TV shows we should cover, or just want to show your interest in the project, let me know. I'll reveal more information soon.

Lost :D :D :D What about Prison break?

Just to reply before Chris does, that show has at least 3 seasons. So, I'm guessing it's a no-go.

Unfortunately, there's only one show that I watch that's still in its first season. I'd suggest it, but I doubt this new fansite wants to talk about a new anime series that hasn't even been dubbed yet.

I'm sorry, but I find the new Terminator series to be a cheesy money ploy. Quite frankly, it looks like it is going to mess up the storyline. Sarah Connor, heading up the resistance? Didn't she DIE? BEFORE Judgement Day even started?

Aw, and no Scrubs love? Best show EVAR!

Yeah, Scrubs owns. Best comedy show out there right at the moment...

In Portugal we get these smashing shows always in they year after they have started so I have no suggestions...

But I like your idea Chris..

I'm sorry, but I find the new Terminator series to be a cheesy money ploy. Quite frankly, it looks like it is going to mess up the storyline. Sarah Connor, heading up the resistance? Didn't she DIE? BEFORE Judgement Day even started?

Sarah Connor died before Judgement Day, yes, but if you watched the show it shows that the Terminator was once again sent back through time to stop her from dieing somehow. At least thats what she says. This takes place after T2 I believe.

I need to agree that this show does look like it won't last, I'm not sure on the ratings, but yeah. I actually like the show, but we'll have to see.

Absolutely agree on that.

Haven't watched the new Terminator series yet but I'll get around to it next time it airs. I guess I'll have to catch up. Although new sites sound good, depending on the show I might join. Good luck anyways.

I was wondering what you meant by "A new network of fansites is coming...". Now I know.

Eastenders!

Those of you who don't know what

Eastenders

is, come to England. :P

Never seen that Terminator show before, when's it on? And what channel is it on?

In the UK? They advertising loads right now, even with posters in bus stops and stuff. It's on Virgin1 at 10pm I believe, on Thursdays.

Well at the moment I am really into 'Ashes to Ashes' its like the series after 'Life on Mars' and the first two episodes have been top quality.

@REM - Is the new Knightrider series any good? I heard they were doing a film, hope it comes to the UK.

The pilot they made for that was apparently like a film... if it did well, they'd pick it up for a TV series, if it didn't... well, it would just die like so many shows do.

Yeah TTSCC is set between T2 and T3. And like Spaz I also (initially) thought the series was just a ploy to milk the franchise for all its worth, which it sort of is, however after watching the first few episodes I do actually like it and think they've done a good job. Yes the ratings have dropped a little after the pilot, most shows like this do, but it's getting a steady 8 million viewers each episode, more than some shows you'd think were more popular put together.

@Red Devil: Ashes to Ashes looks interesting actually, I just read about it. Unfortunately it's UK made. In the UK, they're too inept to run ANY TV show for a whole season, we generally just get short series, like 6 episodes or something, fucking retarded I know. Put simply, it wouldn't be worth our time making a site for it because it wouldn't get enough worldwide viewers.

Here's an update on shows we'll be covering:

Main website and forums - for discussing anything to do with TV (hmm... you could join even if you don't like the shows we've selected to cover)

Terminator: TSCC - site nearly ready to launch now

Chuck - will launch soon after TTSCC

The Big Bang Theory - will launch after Chuck, no design made yet

TV Shows that haven't piloted yet but we're planning on covering. You probably won't have heard of any of these:

Fringe - omg new JJ Abrams project!111!!!1 - no but seriously, anything with his name on is hyped to hell and is popular, to be fair most his work is actually pretty good

Caprica - a battlestar galactica spin off - judging by the fanbase the spin off should be fairly popular immediately, sort of the same reason why TTSCC was popular straight away

Dollhouse - omg new Joss Whedon project (guy who did the likes of 'Buffy' and 'Firefly'), with Eliza Dushku - should be popular

Big Ed -

Intelligence -

Tapped -

We Need Girlfriends -

Those sites are where we'll have a huge advantage by getting there first, hopefully they'll all do well. And of course, every time a new TV show comes out that's good, we'll cover it. The network will expand every year!

And yes I do realise this is a stupid place to plug these websites because it's my GTA fansite where we all like videogames and we're more interested in them than in TV - however, if any of you are like me, then you should enjoy my new sites :)

How about MoonLight? That show is still in it first season, it's got a pretty good worldwide rating, and a pretty good show as well.

Skins? It's UK made though, but it's pretty good. It's really good, plus the hype and online content of the show is amazing, but it needs a better site.

Torchwood? Just started it's second season, again UK made, but it's a bloody awesome show.

Aw, come on you need to do Scrubs.