changing the banner

41 members have voted

1. 1. change the banner

• come on change it
    • dont change it
    • I really dont care about the banner

Rofl - lucky you.

If you look at Chris's screenshot, you can see how its original and different. It's one big screenshot all the way across, and with a couple of things in front of it. If it had something from all the games in front of it (protagonist, recognisable car or building), then it would be good. See if you can do better.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apart from the different colours of sky looking weird, and the gun going into a tree, thats actually pretty good. At least there's only one sun now :D

That was the best GTA IV Picture I could find. I should really change that picture of CJ to something a bit more decent, what else should I change to make it better?

Could you remove the image behind Niko, with the helicopters and the tree? So that the sky doesn't change colour so much.

Also, would be good if you could darken the desert screenshot, to make it match the sky above chiliad, and make the rock colour not so bright (comapred to chiliad). That would kinda make the sky more even across the image as a whole, rather than it going purple-blue-lightblue-blue-darkblue

I'm actually impressed by how much it looks like one image, once the light/dark bits are neutralised, and the half-a-tree is removed, it'll be great

Awesome, you just said you got Photoshop recently, and look at what you've produced already... Looks awesome. The transparent gradient effect on the right hand side looked awesome, but you changed it, and it looks a little 'odd'.

Other than that, it looks far from perfect. :) I really would like to know how you did that transparent gradient effect on the right hand side Thomas.

Awesome, you just said you got Photoshop recently, and look at what you've produced already... Looks awesome. The transparent gradient effect on the right hand side looked awesome, but you changed it, and it looks a little 'odd'.

Other than that, it looks far from perfect. :) I really would like to know how you did that transparent gradient effect on the right hand side Thomas.

I didn't use photoshop ;). I have only used Photoshop once and I didn't like it because I liked the controls of Fireworks. If you still want to know, just tell me ;). I'd be willing and happy to tell you :).

Wow a sensible person!! I can't stand photoshop, so I use fireworks.

If you could make the desert screenshot darker (to match the sky and rock on either side). Also, your fade (is it a glowing line?) isn't quite at 100% on the right - there is still a bit of a 'jump' where the image ends.

I'm impressed. Well done.

Thanks, I've been working out how to change it for a while because it is quite hard to darken it without completely ruining the image. I'll also move the image on the right over a little bit :).

1203629147.png

Edited by Thomas.

Shame most people still use 1024x768.

The fact you made the width 1250 pixels wide means about 60% of our visitors will leave due to the fact their screens will annoyingly have horizontal scroll. At least you actually have a useful amount of knowledge in Photoshop though, yours is one of the best efforts I've seen.

Do you want to use my grunged up wording of 'The GTA Place' that was shown on that beta layout I posted earlier in this topic?

The fact you made the width 1250 pixels wide means about 60% of our visitors will leave due to the fact their screens will annoyingly have horizontal scroll. At least you actually have a useful amount of knowledge in Photoshop though, yours is one of the best efforts I've seen.

Do you want to use my grunged up wording of 'The GTA Place' that was shown on that beta layout I posted earlier in this topic?

I thought Gerard suggested 1250...

EDIT: I took another shot at it.

attempt3qe9.jpg

Might be a bit too plain.

Edited by Original GTA Master

I'll make the banner smaller to about 1024 and I'll see what I can do with the images in the banner.

The grunged 'The GTA Place' logo, I'll try out and if it doesn't really fit in on the banner, I'll use the logo up above on the current banner.

Stop being so bloody negative. These people have just spent hours making logos for YOUR site and you casually dig at everything.

Firstly I suggested 1250px so that you dont have half a page of greyness. Set it as a background image to avoid horizontal scrolling. Read the topic.

Secondly, he uses Fireworks not Photoshop. Read the topic.

Lurk Moar.