• dont change it
    • I really dont care about the banner

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, I made another banner, with the text changed. I made this one because some people had a problem with the old one. I am still not sure where the text should be, but I still have the PSP file so changes can be made. in my opinion the new banner looks better, and it took over 3 hours to find the right images.

This one includes a fade.

9gaslt.jpg

Edited by .•®©•.

The banners dont HAVE to include images from EVERY game, but as TFY said I don't think it should just be GTA IV. Nobody has the game yet, and I'm sure a lot of our members (probably most) won't be getting GTA IV straight away, but will still be playing the older games.

GTA IV should probably be the most prominent game in the image - but you should show a scene of the San Andreas countryside and Tommy Vercetti etc.

Not saying it HAS to be like that - Chris' preliminary design shows only the (new) Liberty City skyline, and it looks good. Maybe you could make the site banner IV only, and make the forum design

Have a look at GTA Revolution for a nice image with only characters in it. Surely someone can do better than that.

Feel free to make the designs taller than 100px too - most people have a bit more screen space than 768px now.

Chris rarely posts here. He does post a bit, but he doesn't have time to look about since he has a busy Uni life.

I beg to differ :)

OK, you know you said to include every game. The problem is all gta games dont have good pictures of buildings. Like gta vcs hardy have any pictures on city. Adding charecters would let the image quality down, you need to blend the charecters in with the rest of the pictures, and thats tuff. I will try.

Well having pictures of every game will make the banner too busy. It would be recommended to add no more than 2 pictures from each game and no more than 6 background pictures to make it look good. Thats the tips from myself in which I used. Also try and blend things it such as the sky and if possible the water and not a gun sticking out of a tree (I done that :P).

OK, you know you said to include every game. The problem is all gta games dont have good pictures of buildings. Like gta vcs hardy have any pictures on city. Adding charecters would let the image quality down, you need to blend the charecters in with the rest of the pictures, and thats tuff. I will try.

No I said not JUST IV. Having VC, SA, IV would be better. Even if it's just a pic of Tommy from VC, some landscape from SA and then both skyscrapers and Niko from IV, that is showing we're about more than just IV.

But it IS up to you :)

Who are the two guys on the right? I don't recognise the artwork. Protagonists only (or also very famous and recognisable characters, eg Rosenberg, maybe Lola)

I'd also go back to what I was telling TFY - either make it look like it's all one big picture, or separate it out into several definitely-separate ones. ATM it looks like theres a helicopter on top of a car and the bridge joins the road (with the cars) to the Vinewood hill.

I thought if the height is slightly increased then we can play around with the banner a bit more. So I made this new type of banner. A lot of websites are making "out-of-the-box" style banners, so I thought it would be nice to go along with the trend. This is what I came up with. I have made it with two types of background colours. One dark grey so it matches the background colour of the website. One light grey so it matches the forum background.

I have vectorised all images used in the banner but due to the scale of the banner it isn't so obvious.

2uihwcj.png

Comments are welcome, but please be polite in your criticism! I also wanted to know your views on a banner with just scenes on it (no charcters).

zsltso.png

It would look like this if it was to be used:

2wchfut.png

I think the banner would give the site a fresh feel, exactly what some of the members (they know who they are) have been discussing about.

Edited by .•®©•.