• dont change it
    • I really dont care about the banner

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ TM: Yea I know. I added scenes from Vice City, Liberty City and San Andreas. I also added three main characters. Like someone said, the site is called thegtaplace, so I made it to the requirements. You can tell from the banner, it isn't just a cut and paste job! :P:lol:

Edited by .•®©•.

Your banner looks quite good RC, but there are some things that I don't like about it personally. The things I like about it is the fact that you made 3 pictures look like one area in Vice City. I don't like how those characters just stick out the pictures like that (Like in a box and out of the main image). Here are some things you could save and use:

1205077164.png

1205077209.png

1205077270.png

These are cut-outs I use for the graphics I have made. If you want to use them, then right-click and wait for the toolbar to come up and then click save or save as. Then you have some cut-outs. Please also note that the Artwork cutout was cutout before I found the Polygon Lasso Tool.

Hey Thomas!

I am glad you actually mentioned some bad points about my banner. The thing is when I first orignally fusned Vice City, Liberty City and San Andreas, the banner look awesome. I was wondering whether using cut outs (very simple and easy to do) will ruin th banner. So I thought, if I use cut outs like you, it will apear they are floating above the cities which would simply look random. Those boxes I have used, have actually been used in designs for GTA so I thought that adding those quirky boxes will give the banner a GTA theme. Thanks for the suggestions but I think the cuts out will not solve the problem of "floating characters."

RC.

PS: If the admins are interested, then I will remove the characters upon admin request.

Edited by .•®©•.

Yeah, I think the main page's banner should be changed first, Niko isn't in there. Also, when visitors come to find a site to join the main page is the first thing they'd probably see. We have to give a good first impression. Also, the main page banner is also used in the Downloads section of the site, and the Downloads section has the most visitors (according to the user activity page)

Also to put it out there, I REALLY think the IV part of the site's banner should be changed, it doesn't look very appealing and people do look in there (according to the user activity page).

Edited by NotYouHaha

Yeah, I think the main page's banner should be changed first, Niko isn't in there. Also, when visitors come to find a site to join the main page is the first thing they'd probably see. We have to give a good first impression.

I agree with you there.

Gerard should I attempt different versions of the banner I made such as Greyscale, Different colours etc. I could Mess with the Hue and Saturation to see what comes out, would you like me to do that?

Once you're happy with the images and text, I'd like to see a version looking like TM's sig. Add a lot of grunge, try a greyscale one etc.

Perhaps other people here could take it and provide some different versions. With the PSD you could make stuff in the foreground different to that in the background, possibly with greyscale or adding scanlines.

Once you're happy with the images and text, I'd like to see a version looking like TM's sig. Add a lot of grunge, try a greyscale one etc.

Perhaps other people here could take it and provide some different versions. With the PSD you could make stuff in the foreground different to that in the background, possibly with greyscale or adding scanlines.

This is going to be extra hard. I attempted a grunge sig the other day there.

1205342948.png

1205342303.png

TM knows I made these and he commented on the 2nd one. I guess I am going to need some more Fireworks experience.

I made an attempt at the grunge effect. I must say I could have done better but I didn't know what else to add, here goes:

1205432217.gif

I added a cloud to the right of the original Banner I made:

1205432540.png

Anyway, me and TM agreed to try and make a banner together. It could be well better with mixed ability. I don't know if this will actually take place but it is very possible it will.

Here is the logo I used:

1205433366.png

Edited by Thomas.

I added the grunge technique on TFY's banner:

1205529361.png

The text is horrible, I'd have to admit. So I just removed the text and left it as default in the next banner:

1205529469.png

Yeah, I agree with you that the second one looks better. Thanks for Grunging it... We both have credit for that banner, if it gets used for the main site.

I could try sepia tone on it. It may not work though.

I think the gta place banner should just remain the same till we dont get a response from the admin. There are alot of good banner's in this topic, however there are just 3 response from one admin. The first thing that should be decided is that are we making the banner for the main site or the forum. Another thing that we should consider is that, does the admin want to change the banner.

Edited by .•®©•.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Forums banner. I really thought that the one above was kinda "old". It has been there since I joined a year ago this month. Maybe a change of banner every year or within a time limit such as 6 months or 12 months.

Well that's impossible, because people are having trouble deciding that banner at the moment.

At least you know how hard it is, it took me one day and 6 hours. Its really hard adding characters when you know it will ruin the city. It was very difficult merging the city's, because it had all sorts of different colours. It took for ever to get the right colours, anyways yours looks very nice. Don't add any grudge effect, simplicity suits best, and besides "grude" effects are out of fashion.

Edited by .•®©•.