changing the banner

41 members have voted

1. 1. change the banner

• come on change it
    • dont change it
    • I really dont care about the banner

Dig at everything? The only thing I said was bad was the width, but I can make it a background image like you said. Also, he PM'ed me asking me to send him the logo... so now I've learned he uses Fireworks I believe this is now not possible, unless Photoshop has an export as Fireworks file - which if they do is useful I suppose.

Everytime I say something negative you always dig at me... calm down.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris, the design you made really bugs me. I tend to leave websites with dark backgrounds as it hurts your eyes reading white text of a dark background. That is why I left

GTAF

as after looking at the text too long it hurt my eyes.

I think a new design might be coming soon. I just have the feeling that another one is going to be made. It'll probably be better than this one not that this one is bad or anything. Actually I quite like this skin.

Chris, the design you made really bugs me. I tend to leave websites with dark backgrounds as it hurts your eyes reading white text of a dark background. That is why I left

GTAF

as after looking at the text too long it hurt my eyes.

He has a point, i was a member on GTAF but i couldnt stand barely reading the damn posts since the backrounds is dark with the text white and its hurts your eyes, like Seizure hurting eyes..lol

Chris I like your new layout, with the curved corners and the text in boxes. I think putting the font Trebuchet MS would make it look better.

Have you played True Crime New York City? In the pause menu they have a document outline and tabs outlining the options. I was thinking we could take a similar approach by having the News box, Navigation bar etc inside a folder outline like in TCNYC, then having tabs on the top with links to the forums etc.

Sorry if I don't make sense, if I knew how to work Photoshop I would make an example to explain myself better.

post-15670-1204441442_thumb.jpg

... Chris isn't making a skin up for the forums. The current skin is perfect. All that's going to be changed is the banner. Chris hasn't had the time to update it, but it would be good to get it updated.

I possibly might try it out, but my computer fuckin' lags and makes this stupid pop up comes up about the Virtual Memory being low. So I'll do it soon.

I think it would be a change for once, if what you were saying was a problem, then why did the gta masta and TM make a banner on gta iv?

Well doesn't really matter, Gerard was getting previews of the banner whenever I made a major update to it and needed an opinion, he helped me make that banner by telling where to put Picture A or to make the sky the same colour in each picture. Gerard was the biggest factor in making this banner. Thats why I was told that it wasn't TheGTAIVPlace but TheGTAPlace because my first banner I made was completely GTA IV.

That looks good RC, but didn't Chris tell everyone to use the grunged wording of The GTA Place? And you didn't really need to add that grey fade at the end, just a normal fade would be good, because then it would transit nicely with the grey background of the site/forums. I tried making one, but I fucked up somewhere and it all went horribly wrong.