Intel Core 2 Duo v AMD X2

WRX22B1998

Ok I know about these, and I so far know that AMD is cheaper, but are there any stats or something comparing these two

What i mean to say is, what is the equivalent intel core 2 duo compared to AMD x2

eg Is a core 2 duo E6700 faster than a AMD x2 5600+ ?

Edited by WRX22B1998

As far as gaming is concerned, AMD is always one step ahead. though Intel did release quad core first.

Personally I'll never go near Intel, they are a bunch of money grabbers, always making new chips with different slots, so you have to buy new motherboards etc, then their was the custom ram stuff they endorsed, again with different standards.. sure they made progress, but i think at the expense of people who want to buy the newest thing at the time rather than the best.

/ramble over

As far as gaming is concerned, AMD is always one step ahead. though Intel did release quad core first.

Yes but Intel's shit wasn't true quad-core because it shared the cache, etc...AMD is great value for the money and are great overclockers. Intel's new lines are great at overclocking too but stay away from anything with the word "Pentium" in it...P4/Celeron are absolute shit.