World Trade Center?

azn

Well, it's better than actually having the construction site of the new tower. I don't really think that these towers will be anything of importance in GTA IV except for missions (were you throw people off the towers), Good find though Azn.

lol at everyone who thought that those were the World Trade Centers in GTA IV.

I was talking about the two towers that stand next to the World Trade Center, and I saw the two towers in some screenshots. But as for the World Trade Center actually being there, it would be simply going too far even for a hardcore GTA fan as over 3000 people died on that day including firefighters and that Jackass Thompson would make an even bigger deal about it, not that R* are shy of controversy but the WTC is a very sensitive topic even to this day.

For the actual site of the WTC, they might not even include it in the game and just put streets down below or just keep it empty. It's not a perfect representation on New York so let your imagination run wild!

Noooo,

Read my first post, I was talking about those two or three towers that stand next to the actual Twin Towers. They look like those 2 towers you see in the IV image that I uploaded. This has nothing to do with the Twin Towers themselves, this is about the site of the World Trade Center.

By the looks of the screenshots, IF by any chance that there is a construction going on at the site then it will most likely be in early stages, you can't see any half-built skyscrapers in the shot.

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post on this site and due to the topic I wanted it to be here. You see the Twin Towers were 2 of my most favorite buildings in the world so I would be OVERJOYED to have them in the game. But about all this: "Rockstar would get sued if they put it in because of all the people that died" is not true at all. See we all know D-Day right? Many families lost husbands and sons that day..the same goes for 9/11 (women in 9/11 also). But the point is that almost all the WWII games have a D-Day level in it, so what is the difference between WWII games having a D-Day level and GTA IV having the Twin Towers? People lost their lives on D-Day and on 9/11..You see in my view the only way NYC (Liberty City) can be complete is if the Twin Towers are added in. See there is a difference between video games and reality if you know what I am trying to say. But by looking at the screenshot it seems the Twin Towers will not be in the game, but someone WILL make a WTC mod sooner or later, I can garentee that.

Well, you should introduce yourself first, right here: http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7439

Rockstar are basing Liberty City on what New York looks like today.

And yes, there are WWII games, but the 9/11 is completely different. Over 3000 lives (including around 300 firefighters) were lost on that day. And to this day this event is still very controversial no matter who you ask. I think Rockstar are smart enough to figure that out, but they do have their limits too.

Well, you should introduce yourself first, right here: http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7439

Rockstar are basing Liberty City on what New York looks like today.

And yes, there are WWII games, but the 9/11 is completely different. Over 3000 lives (including around 300 firefighters) were lost on that day. And to this day this event is still very controversial no matter who you ask. I think Rockstar are smart enough to figure that out, but they do have their limits too.

I Think thats World Finance Tower's Rockstar* Inserted a EasterEgg so it Look like something Not like real one

555star.....

yes alot of ppl lost their lives in WWII, wich also happened at 11. september, but WWII is a long time ago and most ppl is over it. 9/11 isnt that long time ago (still i think that ppl should get over it... 300.000+ inocent ppl is dead in Iraq and Afghanistan, but this is not a political forum so nvm) therefor ppl are still touch about it.

and yes, you are probably right about the mod. however it'll probably be hard to mod..

As has been said by others, R* are basing this LC on NY today, so in all fairness they should be free to replicate the ground zero site in some way to enhance the games accuracy.

However I think R* would concede that although remarkably similar in ways to it's real life counterpart, Liberty City is a parody of an existing city. It is has long been R*'s way to use the GTA games as a medium for poking fun at real life subject matter. Therefore any kind of reference, even the sincerest of memorials to the 9/11 victims, woud be interpreted as some kind of satirical side swipe at a very real tragedy.

All that said I'm still going to be scowing the map to see if they've hidden a "**** Terrorists" Easter Egg.

• 10 months later...

I know this is a very big bump, but I think this is a discussion that can keep going, I've recently started this subject on another forum as well.

As we all probably know now there is now Ground Zero, and no Towers in GTA IV. Of course Rockstar is smart enough not to do anything with that because of the controversy it might cause. Personally I have to disagree, if they would put a construction site there, that would be fine, they could even have a sign that says "In Memory of bla bla bla" Sure it wouldn't Rockstar's style as they tend to parody everything, but it could have given them a better rep among people again.

Also I think it would have been fine if they would have put the WTC towers in, this could again be a tribute.

Now to all you people who are going to say, but GTA being a game where you kill people and all and blow stuff up, if you do it on the Ground Zero site, or on the WTC towers then that's controversial and not cool of Rockstar, then all I can say is, its not Rockstar, its YOU, you can decide not to do this on that certain site, also LC is based on New York, so whats the difference if you kill someone close to the Rotterdam Tower (Empire State Building) or if you kill someone at thw WTC (if they were there)? Because there was a tragedy there? Well you don't know what tragedies there have been in other places of New York, so going on that you shouldn't kill anyone at all anymore in GTA.

No way it's WTC, 1st of all it's the matter of time since the game is in 2008 and many of u mentioned. 2nd is that they don't even look like them, it's also the height of them. In the game the Empire State is the tallest building of Algonquin but WTC buildings used to be much taller than Empire State, I mean it was quite noticeable, these two buildings in the game are much shorter.

No way it's WTC, 1st of all it's the matter of time since the game is in 2008 and many of u mentioned. 2nd is that they don't even look like them, it's also the height of them. In the game the Empire State is the tallest building of Algonquin but WTC buildings used to be much taller than Empire State, I mean it was quite noticeable, these two buildings in the game are much shorter.

READ. THE. TOPIC.

Rockstar could of just added that as a Memorial. I don't think they would want to add the World Trade Center because little Jokers could "Parody" the events... That could cause a lot of Drama. So in place they just added two buildings that may seem like a resemblance, but not to attract any attention of the "Immature and stupid". But; of course it's the Real World... Reality is sometimes harsh... But Rockstar might want to save their asses by NOT adding that. Just a guess though. "

-J.N

• 2 weeks later...