Tuned Cars Bug

Yaron

when i use mods for some cars, then the things that i cant tune (Body kits, exghust, spoiler on some cars, vents, roof etc) if i use these on my modded car the game just get crashed, how can i just delete these things from the specific vehicle, and on some cars that are tuneable, but not everything, how can i know which part i delete and for which vehicle.

tnx for help

ohh and more some helps that i need (not really necessary but i'd like to get help)

can i do that that i'll can tune every vehicle in any tune shops? not only Transfender for bullet and not only Wheel arch for sultan...

and more thing

Some cars that i mod just touch the road and make sparks, so i thought its mod bug, but it happends on cars that i used before and it wasnt

Edited by Yaron

The cars you added probably weren't made w/ tuning mods in mind so the game doesn't know how to put them on the

cars so when you try to mod them, the game gets confused & crashes. If the new cars consider tuning mods, they have

to replace specific cars, for example a Mercedes made for a Feltzer HAS to replace the Feltzer for the tuning mods to

work right.

For modding all cars, this comes close (minor bugs, read the README file) -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/file.php?id=539

The sparks are because the model of the car is sitting too low, keep watching & someone should have an answer as to

how that's fixed. I had a car do that In VC & it was fixed w/ a handling edit, just not sure which one applies in SA.

Take a minute & read the rules if you haven't already, welcome & enjoy.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

when i use mods for some cars, then the things that i cant tune (Body kits, exghust, spoiler on some cars, vents, roof etc) if i use these on my modded car the game just get crashed, how can i just delete these things from the specific vehicle, and on some cars that are tuneable, but not everything, how can i know which part i delete and for which vehicle.

tnx for help

ohh and more some helps that i need (not really necessary but i'd like to get help)

can i do that that i'll can tune every vehicle in any tune shops? not only Transfender for bullet and not only Wheel arch for sultan...

and more thing

Some cars that i mod just touch the road and make sparks, so i thought its mod bug, but it happends on cars that i used before and it wasnt

Always read the readme file so theres no mistakes on installing mods.

• 3 weeks later...

yea i fixed the spark, and more some probs.

and about the tunes, i dont need to do that every car will can be tuned, i just want to know how to delete the tunes, for i'll just cant put spoiler, for it wont crash, i deleted the txd tune files from gta3 file but its not help, i still see "Spoilers" in the tunning shop, and when i press it the game just stuck, and how do i know which file belong to which tune, and to which vehicle, cuz i dont want to delete stuff that doesnt crash the game

Edited by Yaron

please help me i must it, and if you dont understand what i want, here is an example

sultan, i can put body kits, spoilers, roof scoops, on it rite?

now take the supergt, or infernus, i cant tune it, only color, and wheels, nitro etc', but i cant put spoiler or body kit

so, i want the sultan but i want that i'll cant tune it, like the infernus, only color, nitro.. like the supergt tunes, because the spoiler, roof scoop, body kit, make my game crashes, so i just want to delete those tunes, and i want to delete wheels tune too, so how do i do it? and how do i know what im deleting, cuz have cars that i dont want to delete their tunes, and i'll give you mroe examples

i want to delete tampa's tunes, spoiler, front bumper, rear bumper, side skirt, wheels, exghust and more some things that crash my game,

but in the sultan i want to keep the spoilers, the bumpers, and the side skirts, but i want to delete the wheels, the scoops and the wheels.

same at the remingtn, i want to delete wheels, scoops and etc' but i want to keep the bumpers and the side skirts.

understood me?

please help me i must it, and if you dont understand what i want, here is an example

sultan, i can put body kits, spoilers, roof scoops, on it rite?

now take the supergt, or infernus, i cant tune it, only color, and wheels, nitro etc', but i cant put spoiler or body kit

so, i want the sultan but i want that i'll cant tune it, like the infernus, only color, nitro.. like the supergt tunes, because the spoiler, roof scoop, body kit, make my game crashes, so i just want to delete those tunes, and i want to delete wheels tune too, so how do i do it? and how do i know what im deleting, cuz have cars that i dont want to delete their tunes, and i'll give you mroe examples

i want to delete tampa's tunes, spoiler, front bumper, rear bumper, side skirt, wheels, exghust and more some things that crash my game,

but in the sultan i want to keep the spoilers, the bumpers, and the side skirts, but i want to delete the wheels, the scoops and the wheels.

same at the remingtn, i want to delete wheels, scoops and etc' but i want to keep the bumpers and the side skirts.

understood me?

Modification addons for all vehicles are found in the carmods.dat file in the game's data folder. Load this file with Notepad, then find the line of the car you want to change. The entries after the name show what mods the car will accept. The names aren't in plain English but they aren't hard to figure out... 'nto' stands for nitro, 'exh' stands for exhaust, etc..

Simply delete the entries you don't want the vehicles to have and they shouldn't show up in the list once you're in the shop.

As for deleting the wheels, I'm not sure that's possible. At least, I can't think of any way right off. The simple way around this is don't pick them!

BTW, don't try adding entries you don't know for sure work with the car or you'll freeze/crash the game. Vehicle mods that can use these parts usually come with info on what entries to add/change so unless they state this or that part, don't mess with it.