The fate of this website.

Phantom_Renegde

Yeah, you can't forget about all the talk about the game after it's released, but there most likely will be some dry spots when it is released because we'll be preoccupied with playing it. Once we get some free time from it the forum will be very active with talk about missions and random stuff we found out about the physics and what not.

I don't really think this forum will die for some time because of no new GTA Reports, it has good members that contribute often and members who lurk but eventually end up posting something, like me this month. The forums will eventually get back up after GTA IV starts getting 'a bit' boring or members have realized that they haven't been visiting often.

As Gerard said people will be back and new members may be joining once new information on newer Grand Theft Auto games is released and all that. If you also noticed that TheGTAPlace Forums has recently had a boost in the number of guests each day which has gone from about 350 to about 450 yesterday all because of the GTA IV release soon!

Edited by Thomas.

Case in point: how long has it been since GTA San Andreas was first released?

Three and a half years.

That was back in October 2004, with a PC and Xbox release in June 2005.

If GTA IV followed the same pattern (ignoring the two episodes and DLCs) then we'd see a PC release by Christmas and then a new game within 2 years (late 2011).

Case in point: how long has it been since GTA San Andreas was first released?

Three and a half years.

That was back in October 2004, with a PC and Xbox release in June 2005.

If GTA IV followed the same pattern (ignoring the two episodes and DLCs) then we'd see a PC release by Christmas and then a new game within 2 years (late 2011).

Well LCS was released in 2005 and VCS in 2006. So I doubt there will be more than a year of info dry spots in the Grand Theft Auto community.

My point being that there is always a new GTA game being made by Rockstar once the newest is released. Right after Vice City, San Andreas was mentioned.

EDIT: Wasn't GTAIV announced before VCS was?

Edited by Original GTA Master

LCS and VCS were small helpers in terms of all the GTA websites activities. LCS was the main one anyway. But yeah San Andreas discussion is still on-going. People just won't drop off the radar soon after IV is released. It doesn't work like that. People buy the game every single day, even if people leave you're going to get more people joining. It's more or less a never ending cycle. Unless your website is shit or there isn't a release for like 5 years, there won't be huge changes in activity, just gradual ones, and I'm guessing a nice little spike in the weeks after release.

In answer to your actual question, well, everything to do with IV: interesting findings, walkthroughs, community projects such as mods, the happenings in terms of a PC release (which if it is, will keep us covered for another year). Basically, the game, until we've covered all the information people want.

And then if another GTA comes along, possibly SAS or GTA V, then we could gain a lot more mebmers.

Well assuming that these downloadable episodes off of XBox Live! are the two portions of GTAIV like Vice City and San Andreas were to GTAIII, then do you think that GTAV will be the next big game to be released?

I still have slight doubts about SAS, but since the fans have been wanting it, I think Rockstar will pull it out some where.

Wasn't there a rumor that the next GTA's after IV will be exclusive to the PS3?

It would be quite interesting to see if they could actually make SAS, a lot of people have been wondering whether R* will make it, I think SAS will come first, then a few years (or maybe even months) later, GTA V will be released. That is, if they want to call it GTA V.

Wasn't there a rumor that the next GTA's after IV will be exclusive to the PS3?

It would be quite interesting to see if they could actually make SAS, a lot of people have been wondering whether R* will make it, I think SAS will come first, then a few years (or maybe even months) later, GTA V will be released. That is, if they want to call it GTA V.

It may take a few years to release a GTA V or GTA 5, there has to or should be games in between GTA IV and GTA 5 if there is a GTA 5. GTA IV episodes could be something like the GTA 3 Era with all of the cities from the era.

GTA IV - Liberty City

GTA IV: Episode 1 - Vice City

GTA IV: Episode 2 - San Andreas

It may not be likely but Vice City is more likely than San Andreas.

Anyway, if there aren't any Grand Theft Auto news then there will be other interesting news such as the EA Games wanting to buy Take 2 what isn't likely as someone said it had been rejected. There will always be news so the forums should not go inactive or anything because there will always be news.

(I was using an English Subject Technique of repeating things 3 times - "There will always be news".)