EA says what they will do with T2 and GTA

tilly

In a conference call about the deal with EA and Take 2, Jon Riccitiel, EA CEO, explained what his intentions were for the deal with take two.

First of note for gamers is that Riccitiello said “I wouldn’t change a line of code in ‘BioShock‘ nor would I in ‘GTA‘ or ‘Max Payne‘… what we would do is sell more of it.” He said EA’s distribution network could get those games in places Take-Two doesn’t reach.

He also said the purchase was enticing for EA because his current company is “underrepresented in M-rated content.” Getting the creators of “GTA,” he noted, would suddenly give EA the top M-rated content in the world.

He also went on to talk about how Rockstar Games was an "inspiration for EAs current structural divison."

Link: MTV Games

I personally don't believe Jon's proposition, being that EA is seemingly all about money and sequels, instead of gamers and feel.

Hah, they'll only "sell more of it." I hope everyone realizes that the only way to possibly sell more copies of GTA is to release more GTA. Go ask a friend with a PS2 or Xbox, ask them if they have any GTA games. 9.9999/10 will say "Yes." They won't change a line of code, they'll just have more code... Every year... And it'll be over-done and turn into a shit series.

Hah, they'll only "sell more of it." I hope everyone realizes that the only way to possibly sell more copies of GTA is to release more GTA. Go ask a friend with a PS2 or Xbox, ask them if they have any GTA games. 9.9999/10 will say "Yes." They won't change a line of code, they'll just have more code... Every year... And it'll be over-done and turn into a shit series.

Most of my friends who don't own a GTA game don't because their parents think the series is too mature. So if EA wants to sell to that audience, then they'll have to WATER DOWN the GTA experience. Fuck that.

Why is everyone crying about what engines EA has and why T2 doesn't just sell GTA to R*? WTF are you guys talking about? No one said Rockstar wasn't going to be making GTA. And T2 isn't "with Rockstar".... Rockstar is with T2.... Take2 are just the publishers.....

Take-Two owns the rights to the Grand Theft Auto series and Rockstar might want to leave Take-Two if EA buys out Take-Two. So if Rockstar leaves Take-Two, then they won't be making Grand Theft Auto games any more unless Take-Two sells the Grand Theft Auto series rights to Rockstar Games after they leave and before EA takes over, if that were to happen.

Hah, EA is getting more and more pathetic by the minute. GTA already sells massive amounts of copies as it is, why would EA give a dam about selling more? Apart from their priority; Money first, I think we can all agree nearly every gamer who owns an Xbox/360, Ps2/3, PSP or PC has at least one of the games from the series.

EA hasn't done much good to the gaming industry in this century. I just hate those monopolistic bastards, want to own 100% of the gaming industry. Pretty much everybody has a point here, so I won't bother quoting. Yeah, they're simply gonna water it and sell GTA '09, GTA X, GTA XI, GTA XII...(follow the pattern ;)). Every new GTA includes 2 new vehicles, somehow similar cities, a new weapon, and 10 features removed compared to the previous one, then those removed features will appear in the next year GTA release.

And Sim City 4.

I liked that game up until I realized it was just the same shit over and over again. Get money, fund the people, get rewards, put out fires, watch your city go bankrupt then start from scratch and make the same mistakes all over again.

Simply put, I just can't imagine GTA V with EA's logo on the bottom. I would shit myself, literally.

In addition, EA advertised Pro Street so much on TV that it really got on my nerves. Prior to the release of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, the night before the release, they put one advertisement of the game and I was so rapt to see it that I literally jumped for joy.