No GTA IV Demo

MarkD1990

Rockstar: "We would have to give away half the game for free. People would think Liberty City is a tiny city. You run into problems."

There won’t be a GTA 4 demo, Rockstar has told VideoGamer.com.

Speaking during our hands-on with what will surely be 2008’s biggest game, a Rockstar rep told us that a demo "isn’t worth the time and effort".

When asked if there will be a demo Rockstar replied: "I’m sure there won’t be. If there was we would have talked about it. With a game like this the guys at Rockstar North will want to spend every minute making the game look great. Most people know the concept of GTA anyway. I don’t know that the demo is worth the time and effort."

He added: "Also much of GTA 4 is the driving around and we wouldn’t be able to give out the whole city. We would have to give away half the game for free. People would think Liberty City is a tiny city. You run into problems."

Source: Video Gamer

Edited by mark866

Yep. I expected there to be no demo.

GTA 4 is a game you just got to buy. I would not touch a demo as it spoils the fun of enjoying the game from the beginning. I like to progress with the game, not just play a bit. Like i say, GTA 4 is just something you have to buy. Its kind of like, IF YOU HAVE A CONSOLE THEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE GTA. It has always been that way.

ps. Sorry for the capitals. My first post and all. Just getting used to the forum rules and stuff. By the way, this forum is miles better then GTA4.net.....Miles. :thumbsup:

Edited by -THE-DEALER-

Yep. I expected there to be no demo.

GTA 4 is a game you just got to buy. I would not touch a demo as it spoils the fun of enjoying the game from the beginning. I like to progress with the game, not just play a bit. Like i say, GTA 4 is just something you have to buy. Its kind of like, IF YOU HAVE A CONSOLE THEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE GTA. It has always been that way.

ps. Sorry for the capitals. My first post and all. Just getting used to the forum rules and stuff. By the way, this forum is miles better then GTA4.net.....Miles. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums Dealer, your post is very correct, demos ruin the final experience.

Good that you are getting to know the rules and be sure to stick around! :)

I was going to post this but Mark, you beat me to it. I would've liked to not have the demo as well, as it tends to spoil things, R* want people to wonder what the game is going to be like, and with a demo everyone will know. And plus, it would suck only having half the map, that is if they did only give us half the map to roam on.