Something is wrong with my cat

Beatz4Lyfe

Me and my mom were sitting on the bed last night and she looked strange. hours later her breath started to stink really bad... She took her to the vet today and found out her kidneys are failing. She has lost so much weight. She is one of my best friends and I dont want her to die but the vet said it would be a miracle if she lived. She is at the vet right now.. On IV's and stuff. They say if its a kidney infection there is treatment. But if its anything else.. She is going to die and we have to put her down. She is the best and Im gonna miss her but is there a chance she will live? They do have 9 lives right? I guess I will find out but has this happened to anybody elses cat?

Me and my mom were sitting on the bed last night and she looked strange. hours later her breath started to stink really bad... She took her to the vet today and found out her kidneys are failing. She has lost so much weight. She is one of my best friends and I dont want her to die but the vet said it would be a miracle if she lived. She is at the vet right now.. On IV's and stuff. They say if its a kidney infection there is treatment. But if its anything else.. She is going to die and we have to put her down. She is the best and Im gonna miss her but is there a chance she will live? They do have 9 lives right? I guess I will find out but has this happened to anybody elses cat?

Well my friend's cat died recently because it was really old. About two days before it died my friend told me that it was dieing...sort of weird how he knew that...I guess it wasn't doing what it usually did around his house...shit every where.

Anyways, I hope your cat survives. If you've had it for a while, I could see how hard that would be for you to lose it.

Well my friend's cat died recently because it was really old. About two days before it died my friend told me that it was dieing...sort of weird how he knew that...I guess it wasn't doing what it usually did around his house...shit every where.

Anyways, I hope your cat survives. If you've had it for a while, I could see how hard that would be for you to lose it.

I have almost had it for 6 years. It always is with me down here. I live in the basement pretty much. Its awfully lonly down here right now... I have a cockateil now but it just sits in the corner and hisses at me... >.< I just hope I get a call tomorrow saying she will be ok...

No, they don't actually have nine lives. I had to put my last cat down, too. It sucked... He was, also, my best friend. Fortunately, just some few months ago I came into possession of a new cat. He's a lovely cat, and I swear he's my old cat's reincarnation.

So, what I'm trying to say is, just love your cat until she dies. It's really all you can give her. And later on down the road, go look for a new cat. I'm sure you'll find a new cat that you'll click with and enjoy.

No, they don't actually have nine lives. I had to put my last cat down, too. It sucked... He was, also, my best friend. Fortunately, just some few months ago I came into possession of a new cat. He's a lovely cat, and I swear he's my old cat's reincarnation.

So, what I'm trying to say is, just love your cat until she dies. It's really all you can give her. And later on down the road, go look for a new cat. I'm sure you'll find a new cat that you'll click with and enjoy.

It's going to be so hard.. We were so close... I understand what you are saying though. If she does die I'm going to get a cross made with her ashes in it.

Thats a real shame, my cat went the same way just before christmas, her kidneys started failing and she was in a lot of pain when going to the toilet. So we had her put down. It was very hard cos she was aged 20 and i had known her since i was a baby, but with or without treatment she pobably would have died anyway within the next few weeks, but in a lot of pain. So really its the kindest thing you can do.

Just try and think about the happy times you had with each other, that always helps you get through things. :)

Not always... Sometimes that just makes you miss them more. Like I said, love her a lot until you have to put her down. Show her more attention than you ever have. Make her last moments very happy. It's really, seriously, the most you can really do for her.

I have never liked cats but I know how exactly how hard these things can be and its not always bad news. My dog Buster had a lump in his neck and thats what happened to our old dog Pluto and she died. But Buster just had an infection and he was ok, it was an awful week but its not always bad news. I just hope everything will be ok and that your cat will be fine :) sadly if not then atleast she had had alot of love and care for her long life and she would have lived a lovely life.

Best of luck :) Im hoping she will be OK.

I have never liked cats but I know how exactly how hard these things can be and its not always bad news. My dog Buster had a lump in his neck and thats what happened to our old dog Pluto and she died. But Buster just had an infection and he was ok, it was an awful week but its not always bad news. I just hope everything will be ok and that your cat will be fine :) sadly if not then atleast she had had alot of love and care for her long life and she would have lived a lovely life.

Best of luck :) Im hoping she will be OK.

Thanks RB :) Can I call you RB? :lolbounce:

But thank you guys for the support

I have GREAT news. My mom just called. She is sitting up.. and eating, and puring and wants to be petted everytime the nurses come by!! They think she might make it! I am just going to hope... They said most cats that get this dont do this and they said it is very good news! So I am very happy right now!!

Funny how the little hairballs get up under your skin. You don't even realize it until something happens to them.

If you did it right, you can at least take comfort from the fact that your pet was loved & had a good home.

Its a bit late, he's already banned. Does anybody know why?

I hope the news keeps getting better for your dear friend, Beatz4Lyfe. Although I don't usually like cats because they threaten my guinea pig's existence, I hope your one survives.

I've had my guinea pig for 1 and 1/2 years now. Neighbor's cats are always eying it and I always come to the rescue and scare them away with my piss (jks) but yeah, I've never gone through someone close dying so I can't really say much more.

Funny how the little hairballs get up under your skin. You don't even realize it until something happens to them.

If you did it right, you can at least take comfort from the fact that your pet was loved & had a good home.

Its a bit late, he's already banned. Does anybody know why?

I think this was 7.622, Llama talked to me about a new account he made and that he posted a pic of him, with a hat or something...