GTAIV boasts 100 hours of Gameplay

Mpilk901

I hope the odd job missions don't go for too long. San Andreas' taxi, paramedic etc were kinda too long to keep the game flowing.

Well guess what, R* took those out because they "weren't realistic", which I think is absolute bulls**t.

Ye most properbly they have replaced the side missions of Parametic, Firefighter etc, to more releastic stuff like robbing places like the burglary mission in SA

I'll beat the storyline in like 20 hours or less. :P

That's quick, but what % complete?

...I don't know what percent the storyline is going to take up... :mellow:

The storyline usually takes up around 65% of the game. Did you complete with cheats, because infinite ammo/health can sure shave off more than a few hours. :whistle:

I'll beat the storyline in like 20 hours or less. :P

That's quick, but what % complete?

...I don't know what percent the storyline is going to take up... :mellow:

The storyline usually takes up around 65% of the game. Did you complete with cheats, because infinite ammo/health can sure shave off more than a few hours. :whistle:

...Uhhh...I don't have GTAIV yet...

[quote name='Original GTA Master' post='246214' date='Feb

I think he meant SA.

I'll play around w/ cheats, just nothing I save. 100% complete w/out cheats.

I'm probaly going to take longer, as soon as the first mission is over I'm going to go and try everything new out such as fighting, driving etc. But probaly soon after that I'm going to be back on the storyline.

Everything is going to be very different to what were use to in old GTA's, they've basically started off from scratch with GTAIV. They have much more different controller schemes and whole new take on wanted level etc, which is why I want to see how everything has changed since then.

I think he meant SA.

Yeah, I meant SA.

With GTA IV, I'm not gonna use cheats. Hell, I'm not even going to look them up and if my brother tries to, I'm going to turn on the family settings so he won't be able to use them.

BTW, I'm not gonna complete GTA IV 100%, even if it only had 20 hours of gameplay. Never have, never will.

I'll just looks in the manual first, find out the controls then play it. Then I'll just finish all the main missions and after that, do the side-missions (if there are any), then just roam around LC killing peds and getting a lot of wanted stars.

You don't need the manual....they'll tell you all the controls when you do the first couple missions.

The only thing I use the manual for is to find what songs are on what radio stations, oh, and to laugh at the random stuff they put in there.

As for gameplay time, it'll probably take me longer than most, I take my time through the missions and get sidetracked very easily.

Gotta spend 100 hours playing something right, why not make it gtaIV :D

...With GTA IV, I'm not gonna use cheats. Hell, I'm not even going to look them up and if my brother tries to, I'm going to turn on the family settings so he won't be able to use them.

BTW, I'm not gonna complete GTA IV 100%, even if it only had 20 hours of gameplay. Never have, never will.

NOT USE CHEATS?? U CRAZY!! Cheats are one of the main things i ever do in the gta games, and the cheats they put in the games keep on getting better and better. you will give in sooner or later :)

Im the same for not completing gta games. i get too much into blowing things up, killing people, and exploring to do too many missions.

Edited by gtaraider

I think he meant SA.

Yeah, I meant SA.

With GTA IV, I'm not gonna use cheats. Hell, I'm not even going to look them up and if my brother tries to, I'm going to turn on the family settings so he won't be able to use them.

I rarely use cheats and if I do I never save the game so there isn't anyway I could beat the game with cheats. I only use cheats to experiment with different things in the game.

Yeah cheats are usually for fun. Using them to beat the game kinda wrecks the whole idea. 100 hours sounds good but with me and many other people it will take up much more. Freeroam sounds fun all by itself and all the little things R* has put in there will keep us entertained for hours. It's kinda like Oblivion where the main story missions take up about 25 hours but with all the side missions and "free roam" it could take up to 200 hours of completing the whole game. Now I'm not a fan of RPG games and I only borrowed Oblivion from a friend and it's still really fun. So when I play GTA IV (a game I absolutely love to play) it will take me much longer.