PS3/360 Versions to have 30 Frames Per Second

According to 1Up, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will run at 30 frames per second, and they look mostly identical to one another. Granted, the PS3 version of GTAIV is a touch behind in the development phase - which we already knew - but it will still launch at the same time as the 360 edition. Now, 30 fps may be unacceptable in the current world of first-person shooters, but if it's steady, it should work out just fine for GTAIV.

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2666.html

So what do you all think of GTAIV's framerate? As some would see this as little for most next gen titles. Discuss!

I've seen most of the images Rockstar have released, and it doesn't look too bad. I don't want any slowdown however, PES2008 was totally ruined with slowdown on PS3 and I don't want it to happen again. Although, the only area that's affected so far is the wall textures, IMO. I'm hoping the game will run smoothly, it needs to with all the traffic and pedestrians roaming the streets. I'll reserve judgement until some gameplay videos are released.

right...I heard so much crap about Madden 08 60fps on the 360 vs 30fps on the PS3, and it just pissed me off, because there really isn't much difference between the two. As long as its a steady 30 fps, thats perfectly fine with me.

I had times in San Andreas(PC) where my frame rate would be in seconds per frame :bashhead: ...still not sure what caused that, restarting the game would fix it though. Steady FPS (at a decent rate) is all I really care about.

Edited by badgerov