What do you like on VCS?

GTA VCS is a Brilliant game, I am currently playing it and the graphics on PSP are amazing, much better than the graphics in old Vice City, the environment and setting are so much better, 1984 was a great choice for the time setting, and everything about the cheesy, colour filled decade we call the 80's is here, there are slick sports cars like the Infernus returning, awful fashion and a brilliant model of 80's era Miami, Vice City was not as sunny and as it is in this game, and Vice City was a bit too dark coloured and does not resemble Florida as closely as Vice City Stories. The game itself improves upon LCS and Vice City in every possible way, it has got swimming, helicopters, planes, buyable properties that can be developed, longer and more difficult missions, and more side missions required for 100% which makes for great replay value, and there are way more vehicles in this game, It has more Helicopters than VC and LCS, it has more than just one flyable plane (Vice City only had the Skimmer), and the look of the cars in this game is where the excellent graphics really show, and we now have Jetski's which is awesome, back in those days, you would have to be famous to get near one of these. :coolthumbup:

One of the best features VCS has got over the old vice game is Swimming, admit it, you hated when Tommy Vercetti would drown all the time as he glugged the sea water, and being able to swim in this game makes old VC look bad, also, in this game. you can develop and choose which type of business properties you can make, Tommy never got to choose, while Victor Vance can choose from 6 different types of business to build.

The missions in this game are much harder and longer than the missions in VC and LCS, the missions in LCS were a bit short and simple, while the missions in this game and a bit more complicated and difficult, the old vice city game did have a lot of side missions required for 100%, but this game had much more, just about the same amount of odd jobs that San Andreas had, doing all the main missions in this game will take you around 10 or 15 Hours, but doing all the Red Balloons, rampages, and Taxi missions etc, will take you another 9 hours, so there is a lot of fun to be had, not to mention you will need a lot of patience to do everything.

The side missions in this game are better than the one's in LCS, they make more sense and actually have a solution to them, because some of the race's and vehicle jobs in LCS did not make sense, and were a little TOO difficult, a great example of this is the RC ( remote controlled) Car race at Beleville Park, I mean Seriously, the RC car handles like like a dog, it was stupid, and the other cars had an unfair advantage over you, it took me at least 4 hours until I finally passed it, but I was going insane and nearly smashed my PSP out of anger. :bashhead:

Also, Vice City is arguably a nicer place than Liberty City, which was a very dim and grey,but Vice City is nice and sunny and this game is a tour back to the great city, the game may be very similiar to old vice city, and may not have as much features as San Andreas, but it is a fully welcomed feature to the series that is GTA.

Some think that if Rockstar ever decide to bring San Andreas to the PSP, it will beat both LCS and VCS and give the PSP a new top game, but I doubt that, because VCS is now a year old and still remains a top game for PSP owners, and the game is also popular on the PS2, I have a friend who has the PS2 version and it is good, but is just not the same as on PSP.

Well, that's my view, and overall it is definetely one of the GTA's made.

Edited by TNF

GTA VCS is a Brilliant game, I am currently playing it and the graphics on PSP are amazing, much better than the graphics in old Vice City, the environment and setting are so much better, 1984 was a great choice for the time setting, and everything about the cheesy, colour filled decade we call the 80's is here, there are slick sports cars like the Infernus returning, awefull fashion and a brilliant model of 80's era Miami, Vice Vity was not as sunny and as it is in this game, and Vice City was a bit too dark coloured and does not resemble Florida as closely as Vice City Stories. The game itself improves upon LCS and Vice City in every possible way, it has got swimming, Helicopters, Planes, buyable properties that can be developed, longer and more difficult missions, and more side missions required for 100% which makes for great replay value, and there are way more vehicles in this game, It has more Helicopters than VC and LCS, it has more than just one flyable plane (Vice City only had the Skimmer), and the look of the cars in this game is where the excellent graphics really show, and we now have Jetski's which is awesome, back in those days, you would have to be famous to get near one of these. :coolthumbup:

One of the best features VCS has got over the old vice game is Swimming, admit it, you hated when Tommy Vercetti would drown all the time as he glugged the sea water, and being able to swim in this game makes old VC look bad, also, in this game, you can develop and choose which type of business properties you can make, Tommy never got to choose, while Victor Vance can choose from 6 different types of business to build.

The missions in this game are much harder and longer than the missions in VC and LCS, the missions in LCS were a bit short and simple, while the missions in this game and a bit more complicated and difficult, the old vice city game did have a lot of side missions required for 100%, but this game had much more, just about the same amount of odd jobs that San Andreas had, doing all the main missions in this game will take you around 10 or 15 Hours, but doing all the Red Balloons, rampages, and Taxi missions etc, will take you another 9 hours, so there is a lot of fun to be had, not to mention you will need a lot of patience to do everything.

The side missions in this game are better than the one's in LCS, they make more sense and actually have a solution to them, because some of the race's and vehicle jobs in LCS did not make sense, and were a little TOO difficult, a great example of this is the RC ( remote controlled) Car race at Beleville Park, I mean Seriously, the RC car handles like like a dog, it was stupid, and the other cars had an unfair advantage over you, it took me at least 4 hours until I finally passed it, but I was going insane and nearly smashed my PSP out of anger. :bashhead:

Also, Vice City is arguably a nicer place than Liberty City, which was a very dim and grey,but Vice City is nice and sunny and this game is a tour back to the great city, the game may be very similiar to old vice city, and may not have as much features as San Andreas, but it is a fully welcomed feature to the series that is GTA.

Some think that if Rockstar ever decide to bring San Andreas to the PSP, it will beat both LCS and VCS and give the PSP a new top game, but I doubt that, because VCS is now a year old and still remains a top game for PSP owners, and the game is also popular on the PS2, I have a friend who has the PS2 version and it is good, but is just not the same as on PSP.

Well, that's my view, and overall it is definetely one of the GTA's made.

erm that was a bit of an essay mate... you got a summary version?

lol jokes but yeah a lil long form my attention span...

:dribble: CAKE!

I quite enjoyed the 'Vice City Stories' Storyline and the new addition of the checkpoints when you are doing something like Vigilante and Firefighter, that was the first thing. The second thing I quite liked about Vice City Stories was the Empire Building as I enjoyed back and forth building movement between gangs, such as "The Sharks" would have it first and then I would go and take that building and then "the Bikers" would then go after it etc.

Generally I liked playing Vice City Stories and I will always enjoy playing it. Long Storyline aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

VCS is one of the best gta games ive ever played. what i liked about it was swimming, more vehicles, empire, more accesible buildings, and lastly the longer and more difficult missions. what i didnt like is the soundtrack. i much preffer the vc soundtrack. also what i like about vc is the safehouses like the mansion. i like the city in vc better because everything is constructed not like in vcs where everything is under construction. but overall vcs is better.

-Storyline is awesome

-Music is very cool, I like all of it except for V-Rock while in old VC I only liked Wildstyle.

-Fresh 105 FM

-Vic Vance

-Necksnap

-Great weapons

-Jetski

-Sunny atmosphere

-Magically 80's feeling (VC was a bit dark for my like to capture a special Miami of 80's.)

-My second favorite GTA behind San Andreas

-Empire sites

-Swimming (even though it was made half assed as you'll drown after a while of playing around on the water.)

-Characters (specially the Mendez brothers.)

-And a lot of things I don't remember

And of course the bribe you can pay after wasted/busted to get your weapons back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...