What makes GTA, GTA to you?

Could it be getting into long police chases, base jumping off Mount Chiliad, or spawning rocket launcher's and causing chaos!

These are the things that make GTA so great, but not really the reason we all come back to it.

There has to be one defining answer...

What makes a GTA game? (Yes, i know Rockstar but seriously...)

Edited by Alkaline_64

Could it be getting into long police chases, base jumping off Mount Chiliad, or spawning rocket launcher's and causing chaos!

These are the things that make GTA so great, but not really the reason we all come back to it. There has to be one defining answer...

What makes a GTA game? (Yes, i know Rockstar but seriously...)

I dunno, maybe the feeling of doing a killing spree and being chased by the authorities are some things that make GTA really cool to me...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Actually, this is a really good question ;)

Well, to me, GTA is all about gameplay. Nothing fancy, any gimmicks or unwanted features that don't enhance the gameplay. Just pure GTA that we all know and love. For example, TC:NYC hyped up the game about famous landmarks, and when I played it, the landmarks were either meh to me or improperly re-created.

What's GTA to me?

Everything. From the sound effects, cars, unique sandbox styled gameplay that just cannot be immitated, pause menus, textures, poking fun at things, Jackass Thompson, radio stations, Lazlow etc all of these make GTA, GTA. And hopefully, IV will maintain these features.

The freedom to do whatever I want, may that be a simple road trip or a balls-to-the-wall shootout.

I actually asked a few people today at college.

The main answer that kept popping up was actually Freedom,

meaning being able to shoot people, steal cars, running down pedestrians without any of the real consequences at all.

I mean, when i walk outside i don't see psychotic maniacs driving down the road hitting every street light in view,

destroying the car, stealing a slightly better car and then going back on their murderous rampage, seriously... O.o

the thing that i like is the world the radio stations especially but also the stores and signs i just like to drive around exploring the areas(especially sa) and i love listening to the radio stations. that's what the clones are missing all they have is generic buildings and they don't have radio stations they just have songs.

GTA:

Getting a Rocketlauncher and a shotgun right out of your ass

Tipping over a car so that it catches on fire and blows up

Actually being able to steel cars and run around and do whatever you want.

Smart!

The freedom and gameplay pretty much sum it up. It makes the game so flexible and different to other sandbox style games.

• 3 weeks later...

erm, im gonna say it's nothing to do with killing maybe a bit to do with police chases and nothing to do with the storyline. for me it's all to do with walking around without a point. most of my time on gta is spent cruising and looking at stuff. or just walking around for no reason knowing you have ultimate freedom and not having to care about a thing! if a game can give entertainment that easily then that makes it what it is...

kinda why im worried about gta 4 developing to quick... yes there's more stuff to do, but in being realistic (and restricting air travel as a result of this) it makes me have loads of fun. but then it wares away quickly... like a sugar rush! theres only so much fun you can have with a game. with alot of cool stuff coming at the same time without a build up i'd just get a bit over happy and end up doing everything and then getting bored.

i hope it proves me wrong though...