I didn't like saints row at all...

I didn't like saints row at all, but I played GTA 3, VC, and san andreas and I loved those...there were many flaws it seemed with SR, like if you saw a car and took your eye off it it would mysteriously disappear, their wasnt as much content as gta games, and everything felt dead. so my question is, will I still like gta4 if I didn't enjoy saints row?

I didnt mind Saints Row at first, it was a good substitute at the time. However, i came to realize that the game did have new features compared to other games, but not anything i really cared about. Since Rockstar has done nothing but make good quality games, im sure gta IV will be even better. if your not sure though, i suggest you rent the game before you buy it.

There is no question that gta 4 will be five times better because......well idk it just will. I think Rockstar puts more care into there games, the ficus on the little details as well as the big ones. I think thats the biggest difference.

Saints row sucked 100%!! Comparin' gtaIV to it??

Have you even played Saint's Row?Most of the GTA games you couldn't mod your car it didn't suck 100% because GTA:SA the only gta game i played which you can really mod your car, doesn't have very many options. In Saint's Row you can change rim color and alot more then any gta game unless GTAIV will have that feature and it's alot better(this isn't just based on modding cars there respect and graphics too)

First up, let me just say, that I've never played Saints Row, so I am going on screens & demos that I have seen & am not making any statement about the gameplay or features.

However from the small glimpses that I have had into the Saints Row world, it does seem rather hollow and desolate in comparison to the GTA environments. Even looking back to GTA III & VC when the graphics were a lot more basic, the settings looked like places you wanted to explore & emerse yourself in, locations had a heartbeat or a vibe giving them that extra bit of atmosphere.

Well done to R* for getting it right all those times, I think with the power of the next gen filling the cities with hussle & bussle will reach a peak.

Have you even played Saint's Row?Most of the GTA games you couldn't mod your car it didn't suck 100% because GTA:SA the only gta game i played which you can really mod your car, doesn't have very many options. In Saint's Row you can change rim color and alot more then any gta game unless GTAIV will have that feature and it's alot better(this isn't just based on modding cars there respect and graphics too)

I played it numerous times!! It sucks ass. All gta games can be modded!! As far as the damn rims are concerned even they can be modded!!

Why do so many people hate Saints Row? Yes, it's no GTA, but if GTA didn't exsist it would be the next best thing. I've been a fan since GTA2, so GTA is probably my fav game franchise, but out of all the GTA clones Saints Row has the biggest potential. When you first get a GTA game, and you look in that manual, you come to terms with everything in it, you see the cars that where advertised, you hear the radio personalities, you see the land marks, the humor is everywhere you go, and it's based off a real world location. Saints Row lacks atmosphere & character, and it's also hard to bring a made up location to life, because the player can't relate to it. If Saints Row put more flavor into the characters & surroundings it would be 90% more better. The thing I like with GTA, is they recreate a city you can relate to, then they drop a whole story into it, with breathing characters, depth, & great game play. Saints Row was everything that San Andreas wasn't. San Andreas mastered the personality that Saints Row didn't, and Saints Row mastered the customization. If San Andreas had the level of customization that Saints Row had, I would've probably never stopped playing it. They are two different games that have alot to offer, but GTA is still the master of Open World games. Case & Point, I will own both of them, cause i'm into a good movie like story, but sometimes I like to create my own character aswell.

Edited by The Cool

i own every gta game accept 4 london and i own saints row and ive got to say sr doesnt suck because lets face it gta is pretty much the same thing over and over again accept in a new city with mabie a few extra features but saints row has taken the same sort of thing and put a fresh new twist on it with the whole customising thing and the activities and especially the online play dont get me wrong gta is stil the best game out there and gta IV will probly blow sr2 out the water but like the other guy said its got major potential and i can honestly say that im not only am i looking 4ward 2 gta IV but im also looking 4ward to Saints row 2 mostly 4 the new customising options like making your own gang customising your crib and customising your voice etc

Edited by Davieboy

I played it numerous times!! It sucks ass. All gta games can be modded!! As far as the damn rims are concerned even they can be modded!!

Wait, are you talking about download mods?I'm talking about without download mods you can't pimp your car...Atleast not on psp and xbox.

I've never played SR but it looks like a cool game ( nice graphics and ragdoll physics :thumbsup: ) ... Bear in mind that Saints Row was released 2 years AFTER GTA San Andreas, so of course it had more things in it and better graphics ... It was also realeased for the XBOX360, whilst SA on XBOX.

If I had na XBOX360 I'd probably buy Saints Row, just for fun ...