Technical difficulties.

Colonel Carter

I bought the San Andreas second edition recently off Amazon. It's nice and all, dvd comes in a cool hardcover book with lots of stuff inside and a spiffy map. Anyway, I want to mod and use 1.0 saves. Downloaded the downgrader, used it, and loaded an old saved game. It crashes every time. I've also uninstalled, reinstalled, and downgraded a second time and still no go.

Computer info:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+

3.5GB RAM

Leadtek 7950GT 256mb

Windows Vista

Error info:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: gta_sa.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4270f18a

Fault Module Name: StackHash_f8f9

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000a

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: f8f9

Additional Information 2: a0fca8e3f5029dc6c249904503fbc9d5

Additional Information 3: 29c9

Additional Information 4: b220611f9573edae3d2585ad5bd16172

All help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Colonel Carter

I bought the San Andreas second edition recently off Amazon. It's nice and all, dvd comes in a cool hardcover book with lots of stuff inside and a spiffy map. Anyway, I want to mod and use 1.0 saves. Downloaded the downgrader, used it, and loaded an old saved game. It crashes every time. I've also uninstalled, reinstalled, and downgraded a second time and still no go.

All help is greatly appreciated.

The problem isn't the game, it's the save. Games saved under V2 aren't compatible once you downgrade to V1. At least, that's what I've been led to believe from the things I've read elsewhere. You can test this by starting a new game and seeing if it plays fine then saving and loading it. If it works then theory proven!

If you really don't want to start over but stick with V1 then try asking Zmoonchild in the Gameplay & Help forum to supply you with a save (which is from a V1 game) that matches the mission you were last on.

• 3 years later...

I got the same problem but I don't got any old saves :( I've also clean installed it 3 times now :'( please someone help me! I miss SAMP

If you have V2.0 and downgrade to V1.0, you CAN use only V1.0 save games, however you will no longer be able to use any V2.0 saved game files, you would have to reinstall the game and leave it as V2.0 to play those saved games.

Downgrade the game to version 1.0 and start a new game, or downloaded a saved game, that works with Versions 1.0. A brief description and or the readme file of any saved game file, should clearly say this is for Version 1.0.

If you have V2.0 and downgrade to V1.0, you CAN use only V1.0 save games, however you will no longer be able to use any V2.0 saved game files, you would have to reinstall the game and leave it as V2.0 to play those saved games.

Downgrade the game to version 1.0 and start a new game, or downloaded a saved game, that works with Versions 1.0. A brief description and or the readme file of any saved game file, should clearly say this is for Version 1.0.

A download saved game file, has a readme or before you download it a brief description in the description it should say what version of GTA SA the saved game is for. My internet connection crashed, I did not get a chance to edit that last comment!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...