The Sims 3(OFFICIAL TOPIC)

Harwood Butcher

Has this actually been confirmed???

Anyway, yeah, i didn't like the other Sims games. They'll have to do something different to warrant my purchase...

Yeah, click the picture and it'll take you to the official site, which doesn't currently hold any info other than the date of which it will be updated.

My friend thought of a few ideas that would be cool for the console version of the game such as...

• Having the console versions be exactly like the PC version.
  • Have expansion packs as downloadable content.
  • "Could make an online mode where you own a vacation home or something up to 8 people, and you visit when you want, and you all keep your money from your households separate, but there will be a bank or someway or combing or trading money if needed."

How about vehicles in the base game? And speaking of which, the ability to park cars on either the driveway or in the street.

By "base game" you mean console game? If so, just get Bustin' Out(PS2), there are vehicles in there. That was the first Sims game that had vehicles. Better selection from what they give you on the PC version.

Anyways, I got a lot of ideas for a new Sims game, preferably the console version.

• Allow players to interact with items more such as actually playing chess instead of watching a sim play.
  • Give players the option to actually go to their sim's jobs instead of waiting for them to arrive back at the house.
  • Allow houses to have multiple leveles, at least four.
  • Get rid of the limit as to how many objects could be in a lot and just put the info on the hard drives.

I had more ideas earlier, but I'm really tired now...so I'll post them later.

The Sims was a pretty good series, it's always fun putting someone in the pool and then taking away the ladder.

Why would you play it on the console though? RTS games are pretty much a PC genre.

Well my computer could only handle The Sims 2 with two expansion packs and The Sims 3 will just rape my computer...and I don't feel like buying a new computer for a game. I'm saving up for an HD TV.

Have you played The Sims 2? Can't the sims get out without a ladder?

In The Sims Bustin' Out you could have someone go off of the high dive and then while they're in mid-air you could remove the entire pool and let them fall to their death...after several times or so.

How about vehicles in the base game? And speaking of which, the ability to park cars on either the driveway or in the street.

By "base game" you mean console game? If so, just get Bustin' Out(PS2), there are vehicles in there. That was the first Sims game that had vehicles. Better selection from what they give you on the PC version.

Meh, I already have Bustin' Out for the Gamecube. However, neither the disc nor the Gamecube works anymore. :P

Has this actually been confirmed???

Anyway, yeah, i didn't like the other Sims games. They'll have to do something different to warrant my purchase...

That would be an official site he linked to. And they aren't going to change it, only add to it. The gameplay will PROBABLY be exactly the same, as it has been...

Er... Sims 2, much? It comes with cars.

Anyways, I got a lot of ideas for a new Sims game, preferably the console version.

• Allow players to interact with items more such as actually playing chess instead of watching a sim play.
  • Give players the option to actually go to their sim's jobs instead of waiting for them to arrive back at the house.
  • Get rid of the limit as to how many objects could be in a lot and just put the info on the hard drives.

All of those have been done in one game or another. And since when have you NOT been able to play chess? In The Sims Online you went to work and controlled your Sim. The Sims 2 DOES have 4-story houses. Object-limit? Not on the PC versions. If a limit exists on the PC version.... You won't hit it... Trust me on that one... Chestnut has the busiest houses I've ever seen.

Well my computer could only handle The Sims 2 with two expansion packs and The Sims 3 will just rape my computer...and I don't feel like buying a new computer for a game. I'm saving up for an HD TV.

If you can play The Sims 2 with two expansion packs, there's hardly a reason to play the console versions. I absolutely despise the console versions. So much harder to control, and it takes away the biggest attraction the game has.... Customization. Downloading new objects, skins, houses, etc. has become fun in itself. I use to spend hours downloading new objects, and then hours playing with them. Oh, the days of having a 4-6GB Sims directory((the game requirements are only like 300MB, no?))

I'm pretty sure we tested pool-death on The Sims 2. I don't recall if it worked, but I want to say they fixed that. However, burning them to death, still works. And cheating on your wife with the maid in front of the kids, is a sure-fire family-destroyer((it was practically the first thing I did when we loaded the game up)).

We only bought The Sims 2 in August.... Of '07...... Fuuuuck you, Maxis! >.<....... I mean, I love you Maxis!

All of those have been done in one game or another. And since when have you NOT been able to play chess? In The Sims Online you went to work and controlled your Sim. The Sims 2 DOES have 4-story houses. Object-limit? Not on the PC versions. If a limit exists on the PC version.... You won't hit it... Trust me on that one... Chestnut has the busiest houses I've ever seen.

When were you actually able to play chess?????? The Sims only do. Exactly, you went online...with the PC version. I'm talking about the console version....The console version of the Sims DOES NOT have 4-story houses. There is an object limit in the console version...I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PC VERSION.

If you can play The Sims 2 with two expansion packs, there's hardly a reason to play the console versions. I absolutely despise the console versions. So much harder to control, and it takes away the biggest attraction the game has.... Customization. Downloading new objects, skins, houses, etc. has become fun in itself. I use to spend hours downloading new objects, and then hours playing with them. Oh, the days of having a 4-6GB Sims directory((the game requirements are only like 300MB, no?))

I'm pretty sure we tested pool-death on The Sims 2. I don't recall if it worked, but I want to say they fixed that. However, burning them to death, still works. And cheating on your wife with the maid in front of the kids, is a sure-fire family-destroyer((it was practically the first thing I did when we loaded the game up)).

We only bought The Sims 2 in August.... Of '07...... Fuuuuck you, Maxis! >.<....... I mean, I love you Maxis!

I always enjoyed the console versions because of the storyline, but I'd much rather play on the PC, but my computer sort of sucks when it comes to The Sims and I don't feel like getting a new one.

I just want a console version that is pretty much the same as the PC version...with the storylines still intact.

Oh, you mean physically telling the Sims which piece to move, and where? Eh, that would be cool, but when I make my Sims play chess I usually go take care of something else, especially if I have available Sims.

And yeah, a console version with the same options and abilities as the PC version would be like, a miracle....

Oh, you mean physically telling the Sims which piece to move, and where? Eh, that would be cool, but when I make my Sims play chess I usually go take care of something else, especially if I have available Sims.

And yeah, a console version with the same options and abilities as the PC version would be like, a miracle....

Well they could make things like actually playing chess optional. It would be a new command after you get them to start playing chess or something.

I think that it's possible to make the PC and console versions identicle now with the PS3 and 360. Hard drives help a lot.

With the hard drives, you can have downloadable content, sure.... But that would probably be limited to official stuff. Most of the stuff I download isn't officially released content. But the controls will never be the same. It's just so much easier with a mouse.

You could always get a keyboard and mouse for the PS3. :thumbsup:

The only console this would work on is the Wii.

Wiimote can be used as a mouse, steering wheel (if they make driving cars), walking, pretty much the whole sim life. But they tried that with MySim, and that was shit.

Sims is a PC game, no matter what, you can't make it a console game, cause they have all those litations that a Computer doesn't have.

The only console this would work on is the Wii.

Wiimote can be used as a mouse, steering wheel (if they make driving cars), walking, pretty much the whole sim life. But they tried that with MySim, and that was shit.

Sims is a PC game, no matter what, you can't make it a console game, cause they have all those litations that a Computer doesn't have.

The PS3 and 360 have keyboards and mouses that you could buy. I'm pretty sure the PS3 could handle the same version of the Sims 3 as the PC can.

The point is, though, that most users have controller pads and that's what the game will be designed to be played with. It isn't really about the hardware at all, but the things that the consoles just can't do right now. Like the controls((just because most users play with controllers, means that the game will be designed around it)), the custom content((sure, they could release official stuff, but it would be insanely limited compared even to what's available for The Sims 2, considering how big of a library the original Sims has))... And actually, sitting a distance from the screen just feels odd. I mean, it's not a 3rd-Person game... You are kind of a distance from your Sims as it is.

Building houses seems like a bitch in the console versions((only played the original on PS2 and never bothered attempting to build a house)).

The point is, though, that most users have controller pads and that's what the game will be designed to be played with. It isn't really about the hardware at all, but the things that the consoles just can't do right now. Like the controls((just because most users play with controllers, means that the game will be designed around it)), the custom content((sure, they could release official stuff, but it would be insanely limited compared even to what's available for The Sims 2, considering how big of a library the original Sims has))... And actually, sitting a distance from the screen just feels odd. I mean, it's not a 3rd-Person game... You are kind of a distance from your Sims as it is.

Building houses seems like a bitch in the console versions((only played the original on PS2 and never bothered attempting to build a house)).

Building houses was tough in the first Sims game for the PS2, but they have made it easier since. They've also brought the view closer to the sims, which makes it nice. You also have the option to walk around with them instead of telling them where to go, which I like using.

There is 1 thing that makes me really enjoy playing sims 2 on my old PS2 and that MULTIPLAYER! Multiplayer is da sh*t! i used to play 8 hours straight with my friend like making money together, buying new stuff and making our skills and stuff. There is also no stress with multiple character when you have your friend helping you.