Notes from XBOX Magazine

Weather in GTA IV

Day and Night will be far more integral part of the game this time around. Although we have a sneaking suspicion that when the Sun is setting you'll probably just stop what you're doing and gawp at it.

And while the weather is calm, activities such has down your enemies in a speedboat are well and good. But we've been promised that during storms the surf will rise up and give you some serious problems.

And when the clouds burst, you can expect to see its shiny wetness affecting pretty much everything from the stained colour of your clothes to pedestrian Al and the handling of vehilces.

The Version they tested

The version XBOX Magazine tested was 80% complete.

Cars

Surface Tension:

The streets of L

iberty City are no longer simple, flat surfaces, Instead each is peppered with three dimensional detail that has an effect on the vehicles handling physics. You'll be simply amazed at how your car reacts. We were

Break and Enter

So long as you didn't break into the car while parked, which means you'll have already smashed up window, you'll have to hit the left bumber button (LB) to tell Niko to smash it with the butt of his pistol, thereby allowing him to lean out and shoot.

Damaging Information.

Notice how the wheel here seems to be acting indepenently of the car?

Theres no pic on here, but I will upload it after. Sorry

Thats because it is. When we played, we managed to knock wheels off entirely, shoot tyres and even buckle them to the point of rendering the car un-driveable.

And quoting a picture:

whats_in_the_trunk.jpg

Danger Whatever is in the trunk of that car should probably best be avoided if its glowing like that, unless ETs in there.

Fact

Niko's surname is Bellic. Which, appropriatley enough is actually a word, meaning 'of or pertaining to war, warlike or martial'. Stick that up your fact pipe.

I will scan them later on. and reply or edit this post.

Coming Next Month:

We check out GTA IV's multiplayer, can it just keep getting better?

Edited by mark866

That might be a little too realistic for me. I'm more of a "fuck opening the window, just blast those fools!" kinda guy.

I know I shudn't care in those life or death situations, but looking back at the screens, some of those cars just look too pretty to wreck.

In Driver P. Lines i always felt so bad when i was like in 2006 with my 69'er Mustang all pimped out and the as$hole cops were on my a$s and i had to pop out of the window to shoot and every time i heard a loud sound of braking glass and i always drove carefully not to get a single scratch but that sound just killed me and i always got really pissed at that.

Driver PL could have used a speed limiter like the one in Mafia.

The remaining 20% mentioned could just be a matter of mapping or script editing & for the people who made the game

in the first place, that shouldn't be too big of a problem. Today is the 8th (on March) so if they stay on it until the end

of the month that still leaves 4 weeks to get the games pressed & distributed by April 29th. As long as they don't run

into any setbacks I expect to see GTA4 on April 29th.