Anime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at Inyuasha, it's fucking Chinese!

What the fuck are you talking about? Inuyasha is Japanese, through and through. Besides, don't we already have an anime thread around here?

Fullmetal Alchemist

Death Note

Kenichi

Bleach

Bamboo Blade

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Inuyasha

Ranma 1/2

Pokemon (very rarely, though)

EDIT: Meh, the other anime thread is a few months old.

Edited by TEC 9

I have to say this. I'm tired of all these recent "OMG DEATH NOTE IS GREAT!" kiddies I see around. I can't say I've liked it that long, but definitely BEFORE it came to AdultSwim. Just because it airs on AS doesn't mean it's new. I'm betting most of the newer fans don't realize that it was originally a manga, and it was also made into a two-part live action((which I personally think is pretty good)).

Kay. Enough of the ranting. I want to say one thing before I list any anime. I have been a self-proclaimed anti-anime person for a while. Hated it before I even fully knew what it was. But I will watch nicely written shows. And I do enjoy manga.

Considering my non-liking of anime, my list is rather tiny.

Death Note((hence my rant))

Elfen Lied

Pani Poni Dash

Pokemon((the original shit, not this new crap))

I don't like FMA or InuYasha((even though I wear an FMA necklace)).

In light of Spaz's Death Note rant, I just wanna say that I'm definitely not one of those people who think Death Note is great because it's "new". I may never have heard of it before the day it aired, but as soon as I heard it was gonna replace Bleach for a few months, I decided to do some research to see if it was any good. So as well as the stuff Spaz mentioned about the show, the manga it's based on, and the two live action movies, I also had a basic understanding of the rules of the Death Note and that it had already ended its run months before airing on Adult Swim.

Hell, two of the series I listed previously (Kenichi and Bamboo Blade) haven't reached the States. Kenichi may be finished, but Bamboo Blade is still airing its first season in Japan right now.

EDIT: BTW, aren't there plans for another DN live-action movie, this one being centered on L?

Edited by TEC 9

In light of Spaz's Death Note rant, I just wanna say that I'm definitely not one of those people who think Death Note is great because it's "new". I may never have heard of it before the day it aired, but as soon as I heard it was gonna replace Bleach for a few months, I decided to do some research to see if it was any good. So as well as the stuff Spaz mentioned about the show, the manga it's based on, and the two live action movies, I also had a basic understanding of the rules of the Death Note and that it had already ended its run months before airing on Adult Swim.

Hell, two of the series I listed previously (Kenichi and Bamboo Blade) haven't reached the States. Kenichi may be finished, but Bamboo Blade is still airing its first season in Japan right now.

EDIT: BTW, aren't there plans for another DN live-action movie, this one being centered on L?

That would be an interesting idea. Not sure how well it would work, though.

You know the idea of the Death Note scares the creator of Death Note? I find it pretty funny. I want to meet him now, and have him sign my Death Note. Aha. That would be great.

Anime first started airing in South Africa only a few months ago. This was because there were some people that claimed that shows like Pokemon were anti-christian or something. I dunno really.

At first I watched stuff like .hack//SIGN and .hack//Legend, but after a while found it slow and repetitive. Black Lagoon is the only anime I bother to watch now.

Its already been released, its called "L Save The WorLd," I believe it came out in January or February. Anyways, my favorites are Death Note (prefer the Japanese dubs, they ruined the English dubs), Case Closed (Detective Conan), and etc. I think I already listed a bunch of them in a different anime topic.

Oh, dang. I forgot all about Case Closed! That was a good anime. I might as well add that and Rurouni Kenshin to my previous list, too.

Case Closed was brilliant, I suggest everyone go watch "Mountain Villa Murder" part one and two. Those episodes have got to be some of the best anime I've ever seen.