Anime

Oh, dang. I forgot all about Case Closed! That was a good anime. I might as well add that and Rurouni Kenshin to my previous list, too.

Case Closed was brilliant, I suggest everyone go watch "Mountain Villa Murder" part one and two. Those episodes have got to be some of the best anime I've ever seen.

Especially the part when they find her dismembered body.

And this qualifies as a family show in Japan. :whistle:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, dang. I forgot all about Case Closed! That was a good anime. I might as well add that and Rurouni Kenshin to my previous list, too.

Case Closed was brilliant, I suggest everyone go watch "Mountain Villa Murder" part one and two. Those episodes have got to be some of the best anime I've ever seen.

Especially the part when they find her dismembered body.

And this qualifies as a family show in Japan. :whistle:

Win. But eh, I guess you could call shows like Law & Order, House, and CSI all "family shows" here, and they have some disgusting things too. Or you might not, but I always considered those shows family shows seeing as how they're all on at about 8-9pm or so.

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. & S.A.C. second gig. Ironically, I've never caught the original Ghost in the Shell, but I think it's

on Adult Swim starting this weekend (description on DVR says something like "Female cyborg helps police...).

Would love new episodes of Full Metal Alchemist (bring No Fear & Doritos if they do) but Conquerer of Shambala didn't

leave much room to continue the series.

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. & S.A.C. second gig. Ironically, I've never caught the original Ghost in the Shell, but I think it's

on Adult Swim starting this weekend (description on DVR says something like "Female cyborg helps police...).

Would love new episodes of Full Metal Alchemist (bring No Fear & Doritos if they do) but Conquerer of Shambala didn't

leave much room to continue the series.

New episodes might have been possible if the anime had stayed truer to the manga. Different Homunculi, additional settings, and different backstories/fates for the characters, i.e. Scar murdering Winry's parents, Second Lieutenant Havoc being paralyzed, etc. Not to mention the manga is still running.

I cant believe I forgot about Batman beyond

That show doesn't count as it's not actually anime. Neither is Avatar, Teen Titans, The Boondocks, and other anime-inspired cartoons.

May you inform us what makes anime, anime?

Traditionally hand-drawn (although computer-assistance may be used) animation originating from Japan.

EDIT: I might have bit myself in the ass with my own explanation, as the second season of The Boondocks was drawn in Japan.

Edited by TEC 9

No offense, but I find that usually, people who say it isn't real anime or manga unless it was drawn in Japan, are assholes. Purists usually need to take the tampons out of their asses.

Sorry, I just hate purists, usually. Anime is a style of animation. Manga is a type of graphic novel. Doesn't matter who drew it. Doesn't matter where it was drawn.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say this. I'm tired of all these recent "OMG DEATH NOTE IS GREAT!" kiddies I see around. I can't say I've liked it that long, but definitely BEFORE it came to AdultSwim. Just because it airs on AS doesn't mean it's new. I'm betting most of the newer fans don't realize that it was originally a manga, and it was also made into a two-part live action((which I personally think is pretty good)).

Kay. Enough of the ranting. I want to say one thing before I list any anime. I have been a self-proclaimed anti-anime person for a while. Hated it before I even fully knew what it was. But I will watch nicely written shows. And I do enjoy manga.

Considering my non-liking of anime, my list is rather tiny.

Death Note((hence my rant))

Elfen Lied

Pani Poni Dash

Pokemon((the original shit, not this new crap))

I don't like FMA or InuYasha((even though I wear an FMA necklace)).

BOLD: The new crap sucks!

Uh. I watch Hellsing and the Devil May Cry anime only..

Well,I think I watched a lot animes

I'll try to list them

Those I like:

1.Dragon Ball Z

2.Ruruoni Kenshin (Samurai X)

3.Dragon Ball

4.Dragon Ball GT

5.Shaman King

Those I dislike:

1.Pokemon (all seasons)

2.Yu-gi-oh

3.Yu-gi-oh GX