Lucid Dreaming

Alkali64

Hey, I'm sure a few people know of it.

http://www.dreamviews.com

I've tried this a few good times now, but the other night i believe a had my first experience!

In my dream I was unicycling down a steep hill with a long winding rough dirt trail along it, and as I declined I picked up more and more speed. I was about to attempt to slow down but then I decided, "This is crazy, I must be dreaming." I sped around a tight corner at a very tight angle and it felt amazing to do it, but then as I rounded off from the corner I went over a bump that launched me about a meter in the air and towards a gap in the track. Instincts took over and I lost lucidity but the rest of the dream was enjoyable, from my science teacher riding a penny farthing but not picking up enough speed and rolling back off into some bushes to rebuilding my falling apart unicycle, which I somehow lost my pedals a few miles back. I also screwed a screw between my eyes into a little hole so my face didn't come loose, although that was weird.

Oh yeah, I was unicycling as fast as possible because my science class had gone on ahead while I was screwing my face on and I had to catch up.

Edited by Alkaline_64

Lucid dreaming, and dreaming in general, is a really interesting subject. I have never been able to control my dreams really, but I have been able to sometimes catch when I'm dreaming. One time, I did, however, acknowledge and control my dream. The only thing I remember controlling was hovering above the ground((c'mon, who doesn't do that first thing when they realize they are dreaming?)), and then producing ninja styled warriors in which I murked, Neo-style.

Dreams are also a good way to utilize and enhance psychic powers, if you can grab control of them.

I've caught myself several times through my dreams before and was able to control my actions from then on. I've never had a full lucid dream before, though.

Coming to the realization that you're only dreaming while you're in a nightmare makes things considerably less frightening, by the way.

I have been able to catch my dreams, but never take full control. I dreamt that I was with my 2 brothers and sisters and my mum was driving a car and we were in California. We were on the highway, and it was a bit like San Andreas, all the cars kept on crashing us, so we exited the car and started running to reach my dads workplace (a restaurant). The cars were still trying to crash us, but there was no one driving the car. I was scared, we got into a car and just started driving to the restaurant. We finally got there, but the 'zombie' cars were still outside, still no one inside them. After that, it just ended. I was very interested and couldn't stop thinking about it the next day.

Sometimes I think dreams are real, I was able to control that certain dream before. I can remember it because I can remember what I wanted. I was at first having a nightmare what I managed to change into a dream but I randomly thought of chocolate that made the nightmare changed into a dream. It is very funny (Peculiar) how people can do that.

Well this is weird... just yesterday I was reading up about lucid dreaming. Creepy.

The only lucid-type dreams I ever had were the opposite of the good ones. Occasionally I used to be half awake, half dreaming, and shit scared by anything and everything. Totally tripped out and screaming for hours. Only happened a few times but was not something I care to repeat.

I had an OOBE (out of body experience) once. Ran into a lamppost pretty fast, not knowing I was heading for it. Just before the moment of impact I was suddenly in a tree a few metres away watching someone run into a lamppost, and I thought "lol that would be quite funny" then slowly... ow ow OW!!

Was on the floor for an hour being stroked by a gay teacher until the ambulance came.

I've caught myself several times through my dreams before and was able to control my actions from then on. I've never had a full lucid dream before, though.

Coming to the realization that you're only dreaming while you're in a nightmare makes things considerably less frightening, by the way.

Yeah, I'd figure as much. I mean, not as scary when you realize it's all thoughts and images....

I had an OOBE (out of body experience) once. Ran into a lamppost pretty fast, not knowing I was heading for it. Just before the moment of impact I was suddenly in a tree a few metres away watching someone run into a lamppost, and I thought "lol that would be quite funny" then slowly... ow ow OW!!

Was on the floor for an hour being stroked by a gay teacher until the ambulance came.

That's.... Kind of funny, actually... I'd laugh if it happened to me.

I once dreamed that i was running though the woods with a bunch of other people, and there was this guy standing there infront of us. I thought it would be funny if he got trampled.. nad... oh... it was me..... i woke up as scared as shit.

And i once dreamed that i was throwing a surgical grade scalpel into the air and catching it again. But, then i didn't.. and it stabbed my hand and, again i woke up scared.... heh

(The scalpel part comes from college, fancy trusting me with sterile blades...?)

I once dreamed that i was running though the woods with a bunch of other people, and there was this guy standing there infront of us. I thought it would be funny if he got trampled.. nad... oh... it was me..... i woke up as scared as shit.

And i once dreamed that i was throwing a surgical grade scalpel into the air and catching it again. But, then i didn't.. and it stabbed my hand and, again i woke up scared.... heh

(The scalpel part comes from college, fancy trusting me with sterile blades...?)

Are you sure those were lucid dreams?

Oh, and I do that all the time with knives, or similar. It's fun isn't it (if you don't bleed to death ofc)?

I've had dreams before where I've literally woke up in actual schock to the point where I could not move for a few moments. I've had dreams about getting shot point blank to the head, impaling thick nails through each of my hands and gone on a murderous rampage with a harpoon gun..

Not too long ago I had a dream in which I murdered my cousin with a large kitchen knife. I even remember exactly how it felt in the dream. The blade sliced through his torso as easily as cutting through a pillow sheet it seemed like, and the whole floor was literally drenched in blood. It was scary though, because it struck my conscience so hard that I began to lose sense of reality (within the context of the dream, which felt incredibly real, mind you). Eventually, I had decided to kill myself in the dream, because I could no longer stand the horror of what I had done. However, I woke up before I had a chance to go through with it.

It's weird, but ever since that dream I've felt as if I can almost empathize with the psychological distress of murder, just because it felt so real in the dream.

When I was twelve years old, I had a dream that I was next to my local park, and I was mute, no matter how hard I tried to speak; the words wouldn't come out. There was a security guard standing by the gate, he was a tall white person, I tried to tell him something (I can't remember what), but I was mute (like Claude). The guard started staring at me, he came closer and closer, like he had evil intentions. I tried to run away but my feet wouldn't move, I was stuck to the ground. The guard came closer, he started sniffing me, I closed my eyes hoping he'd go away.

But then I digged into my pockets, there was a gun in there, I slowly grabbed it and aimed it towards the guard. He was backing away. No one was watching, I looked around helplessly; I wanted to shoot but there was something stopping me. I finally plucked up the courage to pull the trigger but all I heard was a click, no bullet. The man pulled out his firearm and aimed it at me, again I tried running. It was only a short matter of time before he caught up with me. I was at the end of an alley, he started circling me, laughing. Inside, I was terrified. I had never felt so frightened. He kept on circling me, suddenly he stopped. He shot me. I watched myself bleed, I started vomiting blood. The dream ended at that precise moment. It felt so real, so life-like, it was an experience that I would never like to experience again.

I woke up, didn't scream. Just sat there. I couldn't move for a few minutes - I felt paralysed. I slowly went back to sleep again. I remembered every single detail, the guard, emotions, all of it.

I wonder why you always wake up/stop dreaming when you kill yourself. Has anybody ever carried on after jumping from high places and stuff?

I think it's something to do with not being in sleep paralysis or something...

Whenever i land after jumping from anything in a dream, i always wake up feeling really weird...

Edited by Alkaline_64

I had a dream last night where I mudered all the dickheads who think it's funny to take the piss out of me.

But then I got a huge crowd of dickheads on to me at school, and I tried to run off but I kept falling/stopping for no reason, and I couldn't run fast. Then I found another guy, then hit his head two times, he flew to the floor and just started laughing, then got up, then I woke up sweating like fuck.