no more games with storylines

Fuzi0n

I posted my post durring college, didnt explain much.

What im trying to say is, comparing Suikoden 4 (ps2) to Suikoden 1 (psx), theres around 60 hours gameplay and really indepth story on 1, but 4 has around, 5-10 max gameplay hours. so theres no doubt games are just improving graphics, and not concentrating on storys.

the only reason GTA survives is cus of random killing, nothing wrong with it though :lol:

its just im pissed off when they do it to rpgs, just look at the old Final fantasys, now look at FF 10-2 ...

Yeah.. im gonna use R&C for example..

R&C (the first) was really good, character development and all that good stuff. Next game was ok.. I saw a little developmeant.. sorta straight forward. Now that I've played the third one, I have to say the story line sucks. I think there focusing on gameplay and graphics (like you said). I dont really know if there running out of ideas or what, but companys are going to lose some sales cause of poor storys..

Yeah.. im gonna use R&C for example..

R&C (the first) was really good, character development and all that good stuff. Next game was ok.. I saw a little developmeant.. sorta straight forward. Now that I've played the third one, I have to say the story line sucks. I think there focusing on gameplay and graphics (like you said). I dont really know if there running out of ideas or what, but companys are going to lose some sales cause of poor storys..

Isn't it required to buy the game to know it has a shitty storyline? :rolleyes:

Ratchet 3 is cool, but I can't compare the storylines, as I haven't played the storylines for the other two. I can say that I dearly miss the grind boots.

I think storylines are important, but so is gameplay and graphics, a game with good gameplay can be as good as a game with a great storyline, I think is the combination of them, what makes a great game, but I have to admit it, some games need a better storyline, they tend to be boring after a while.

But I do own it. Thats how I play online.. lol.

I didnt own the 2nd R&C, but I didnt have a life (worse then now, lol) and got an idea of the story line ;)

I meant how you said the sucky storylines will reduce game sales. ;)

Woops.. didnt notice I put companys

Well, I was aiming at Insomniac (developers of R&C, since the rant was about there R&C series) because it seems they ran out of ideas.. (you've seen how linear the story line is)

Even thought it doesn't make too much sence, Its somewhat right in my mind..

I personally don't care about graphics, its all about the gameplay for me.

Take the FIFA series as an example. It used to have good graphics and good gameplay but then they started focusing on graphics more and the gameplays got much worse. Pro Evolution is now the top football game simply because it has great gameplay.

Also, GTA hasn't exactly got the best graphics ever seen in a game, but the amazing gameplay more than compensates for it

Thats right, the best thing about GTA games is the game play, you can find new ways and things to do because of the great gameplay the game has, is really and important thing, and about the old graphics, take the old Snes and N64 games, the graphics are not that good, but I still play some old games once in a while because of the great gameplay.

Thats right, the best thing about GTA games is the game play, you can find new ways and things to do because of the great gameplay the game has, is really and important thing, and about the old graphics, take the old Snes and N64 games, the graphics are not that good, but I still play some old games once in a while because of the great gameplay.

I think I might play me "Sonic 2". Greatest Sega game ever.