Is GTA IV going to be that realistic?

PJ-34

I've noticed that in gameplay screenshots from IV and SA I've seen no difference, this pisses me off alot actually because I bought a PS3 for this game and that is $450 for something with no difference other than the fact that you can't change specific clothes, only outfits, what a piece of shit honestly has anybody else noticed this? The graphics you see in trailers you will not see in gameplay, look at these screenshots, look at the cops watch in the second one and the face detail and background detai, they all fuckin suck.

CJ and Niko, only difference is the colour of their skin!!!

Background, face, watch, car details all suck ass

uhhmmm THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CJ AND NIKO!!! Niko's face is actually round :o Cj's=a bunch of rectangles that are really close to being round, and from what we've seen Nikos arms are actually round now instead of multiple rectangles which is obviously an improvment. And so far i actually havnt seen any actual gameplay screens from IV, where are you seeing these? Although i have seen some that appear to be in game but im not sure. Yea the graphics will be the same, if not better than the trailers and It seems you are implying they will be worse which I highly doubt. And you don't know when this screen was taken it couldve been from early stages. AND id like to add the fact that i dont think many of us care so much about the graphics as much as the physics etc. but i could be wrong.

Edited by STL67

good call stl.

pj, take a good look at everything else, not just one image you dont like. Take a look at more things and compare, you will see the difference sooner or later. also, look at some screenshots of IV, and you will notice more detailed lighting, Phisics, smoke, weather coditions, and surface reflections. Also, while your comaring images, instead of finding the best image you can of carl, try comparing this image to nikko:

http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/arti...28023514550.jpg

Wow, i cant seem to get over how wrong you are. Not only does 4 use MANY more polys and in depth txds (for character) than SA, it also uses the new RAGE engine and a whole new array lighting and graphical effects. The city is a lot more detailed, the cars are more photorealistic (besides the fact that they aren't actually cars) with good textures and better reflections, and you don't even know the story or how the game plays. I wouldn't even care if 4 looked like 3 if it had more possibilities and fun included.

I don't know what is wrong with your second picture, I've seen it before, but it looks nothing like any of the other screens I have seen.

You can tell from the second pic that it is an in-game screenshot, without the huds of course. Look carefully and you can see a big difference in detail from a cut-scene and that. And about that CJ pic, Notice how every Niko one is the same and every CJ one is different because the character modelling is so user friendly in SA because you can wear, and look however you want, not wear a shitty zip up with a huge collar and crap hair cut.

You can tell from the second pic that it is an in-game screenshot, without the huds of course. Look carefully and you can see a big difference in detail from a cut-scene and that. And about that CJ pic, Notice how every Niko one is the same and every CJ one is different because the character modelling is so user friendly in SA because you can wear, and look however you want, not wear a shitty zip up with a huge collar and crap hair cut.

First things first... The game isn't finished yet. It could be running with lower specs just for the sake of testing shit and showing us the city/characters. Furthermore, those are small crappy screens you're comparing. That makes the IV screen look less realistic, and the SA screen look closer to IV((because it's blurred there's less blockiness)).

Here. Better screen comparisons.....

gtaiv_screenshot_157.jpg

GTA_XBOX_SCREEN_3.jpg

That's IV vs. SA, Xbox 360 vs. Xbox. The characters are smoother, rounder, and they ACTUALLY HAVE FINGERS NOW! It's insane more advanced than SA.

Furthermore, there is a LOT more to video games than graphics. A LOT has been done to make IV an improvement to GTA gaming. Take your penis out of your hand and quit worrying so much about graphics.

Listen to me and you will be proven wrong. Just look at what you said in the first post. "...for something with no difference other than the fact that you can't change specific clothes, only outfits, what a piece of shit honestly has anybody else noticed this?" You said that he could change outfits, making your statement about "niko always looking the same." Also, your saying you want realism, and your also talking about his hair. Do you think that the way SA did it was more real? Starting with a buzz-cut then magically getting hair when you select any other hair style? Think about what your saying. CUT hair. CUT it. Niko already has fairly short hair. Do you really want the option to cut it even SHORTER to make it realistic?

Also, look at other IN GAME screenshots. They dont look much different from the cut-scenes, nor do they look at all close to SA.

EDIT: I wrote "at all" twice.

Edited by tilly

No, I actually have and that's why i'm saying this, I wouldn't be saying this shit if i didn't have a point. I read most of these responses and some have a point and some are just retarded. I was just looking for some opinions not a bitch fest.

Edited by PJ-34

Here is my oppinion:

sure, i am also dissapointed by a few things but still its GTA and rockstar never gave us some shit, did they? Its gonna be fun and interesting just like the rest of the previous GTA games. Remember LCS, I was pissed because it was new and was much worse than SA but still it had a good story and was fun to play. Sure the graphic was not as good and you could not swimm or dress but it was okay. Here we are talking about IV, not a PSP or PS2 but a PS3 and 360 game, a game for next gen consoles. The graphic has improved but yes it is not the most realistic graphic ever because this not a movie and it is a start of a whole new story and a brand new engine. Trust me things will improve. I also expected better graphic but still take a look at GTA III and compare it with IV. I also hate this shit they did that you cannot pick your outfits or fly planes and workout and unlike other people i think you have a point but you should still get the game and enjoy it and im sure its going to be very good. Take a look at this pic:

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=scr...&content=58

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

I've noticed that in gameplay screenshots from IV and SA I've seen no difference, this pisses me off alot actually because I bought a PS3 for this game and that is $450 for something with no difference other than the fact that you can't change specific clothes, only outfits, what a piece of shit honestly has anybody else noticed this? The graphics you see in trailers you will not see in gameplay, look at these screenshots, look at the cops watch in the second one and the face detail and background detai, they all fuckin suck.

CJ and Niko, only difference is the colour of their skin!!!

Background, face, watch, car details all suck ass

Do you really think that would make the game better? Also, this hasn't been confirmed (tell me if I'm wrong)

Also, have you even seen the game? Seen the real gameplay?

Secondly, those screenshots can be old. Rockstar isn't completely finished with Grand Theft Auto IV you know, they can still be making improvements on the game.

If you still think GTA IV is not going to be 'that' realistic, think again. Euphoria. Have we seen a true video of Euphoria on GTA IV in action? Don't think so.

If you're still going to rant about how much all the graphics about GTA IV is going to suck very bad, this isn't the best forum for you to be on if you want people to see your views. This is The GTA Place. We all love GTA, Rockstar, Take Two & everything else GTA.

If you'd like to continue your rant, go ahead.

BTW: If you only bought your PS3 for GTA IV, just buy other games, there are many great games for the PS3.

Edited by NotYouHaha

Like some others have said graphics arn't the be all & end all of great video games, what is most important is the quality of gameplay & the ability to have fun. Remember graphics are merely the icing on the cake, That said, if you have read any of the reviews by mags & websites who have actually played demos, you will have no doubt heard them mention the stunning new graphics.

If your still not convinced, the ultimate test will be to go back to SA after a couple of weeks of playing GTAIV & I can pretty much gaurantee that the graphics in SA will suck balls in comparison.

"what a piece of shit honestly[...]" "they all fuckin suck."

"CJ and Niko, only difference is the colour of their skin!!!"

"Background, face, watch, car details all suck ass"

"[...]I was just looking for some opinions not a bitch fest."

Although our conversation is not really a "bitch-fest", it seems as though you were having one of your own in the first post.

Saying, not opinions, but mostly false statements in a rude way.

That calls for a bitch-fest if you like it or not.

Edited by tilly

PJ-34, i know you are dissapointed by the graphics but as i and other people said before, it is not the most important thing in a game, infact the graphic can never be "good enough". My point is: Buy the game, play it and im sure it will have a lot of good featurs to it. There is a huge improvement like the jump from VC to SA and i think you will be a able to change clothes but the point is the game will be the best thing ever (to waste your life) and you should still get it.

Look who gives the fuck about gfx anyways??? Btw if u look a youtubee by gtasite.net then youll see or the "lets get ready for war" traler with some awesome IN-GAME happenings!! All know gta4 is surely gonna be another masterpiece by rockstar and we all are gonna take advantage of next gen gaming!! If u want to.....Buy the game or nobody gives a damn!!

CUZ I DONT GIVE A FUCK!!

Edited by Nero

Guys STFU.

PJ-34, GTA IV is going to be alot different than GTA SA. I really don't know why you're fussing for. This game has massively improved to being even better than GTA SA. Graphics is important to most games, but for GTA, it doesn't matter, because Gameplay is more important. Yes, the graphics have improved quite alot, so why do you have to say all of this sucks? And plus, those screenshots are small, so how can we compare the differences with SA? You need high resolution screens to compare as it goes in depth with the Graphics.

This time round, in GTA IV, Characters have actually got fingers! Not a square block and lines showing the finger outlines. Wait until the game comes out, you'll see how better it is to when you're enjoying yourself. So basically, you're just picky when it comes to graphics.

So towards the end of my post, Graphics don't matter, Gameplay does. If Rockstar Games feel that the graphics aren't an improvement, they will do something about it, so for now, we're seeing a massive improvement in GTA, and it's probably going to change the way we think about GTA.

So if you think Graphics matters, go somewhere else. If you're a real GTA fan, you'd think twice before you said this shit.