Realistic cop chases?

PJ-34

no they won't keep up with you, but will it be so relistic that you won't be able to hear the police radio scanners?

I think No.

But the chases will be real, it could even be more better than the ones in NFS.

They probably won't--- depending on your speed. Also, I hope they'll talk to you with blowhorns, like tell you to surrender and etc.

Also, I hope the police will be tactical; when they think it's the right time they'll:

• attempt to PIT you

• block your path

• throw spike strips (not hit a button and slowly watch the spike strip deploy)

• keep their distance (when on foot) until they have back up

• always point their gun at you when on foot and strafe, etc

And that'll make a good realistic police pursuit.

If they are going for realism, the Police should use the helicopter to track you when their cars can't keep up (ala worlds most dangerous police chases). In previous titles I found it was just as easy to outrun the helicopter as it was the cars.

Another nice touch of realism would be if the Police tried to be mindfull of collateral damage & sometimes backing off to avoid creating high risk situations that could endanger civilian peds.

If they are going for realism, the Police should use the helicopter to track you when their cars can't keep up (ala worlds most dangerous police chases). In previous titles I found it was just as easy to outrun the helicopter as it was the cars.

Another nice touch of realism would be if the Police tried to be mindfull of collateral damage & sometimes backing off to avoid creating high risk situations that could endanger civilian peds.

Id be content if only the police wouldnt completely ignore if some gang beats you up.. untill you defend yourself.. In SA the cops were like that. You are air to them as long as you just stand still taking a beating. But if you defend yourself even with fists the cop will be all over you. Thats just not very fair...

Sure the game is supposed to be challenging but at least it should treat everyone fair.

Id be content if only the police wouldnt completely ignore if some gang beats you up.. untill you defend yourself.. In SA the cops were like that. You are air to them as long as you just stand still taking a beating. But if you defend yourself even with fists the cop will be all over you. Thats just not very fair...

Sure the game is supposed to be challenging but at least it should treat everyone fair.

I hated that too. The most enoying was when during a mission a cop comes and opens your cars door while your not noticing it and then "BUSTED" "MISSION FAILED".

what? this is gta we're talkin about... no way would i want lots of stars for killing one person. this is what i mean by too realistic. and anyway, in real life it'd take longer for them to find out that you killed someone.

To make car chases good they should have more ways to escape-like sliding under a gasoline truck on your bike as the cops smash into it causing an immediate huge explosion... BOOM! and jumpung out of your car on a building and watching the cops fly of the edge not noticing you jumped out. phew, i had to many sweets.

Well if it is going to be that relastic than no more wild ramages and getting away with it. I understand that the game is going to have tougher police, and thats good. In VC it was only to easy to get away from the cops even with six stars. I would only wait for the right time to sneak into Pay and Spray. Its good that GTA IV won't have that any more. But I don't no cops and Swat chasing after me because I mistakenly parked over a civillan. Or three stars for killing an officer. What I want is for the chases to be longer and better, meaning more choppers and back alley racing. So what I mean is that they need to lay of on all the NYPD until you commit a serious offenese like throwing a grenade onto an oncomming bus full of passengers or blowing 10 be away with a shotgun. Hope they get it right.

what i want the most is when the cops open your door and you get busted to be able to keep driving unlike the old grand theft autos. That was total bull. Also if you dont wanna run and just get arrested you should have to get on the ground and wat the cops put cuffs on you

Edited by jeff42294

yeah i always thought the cops in the game were out to get me and nobody else that just didnt feel real even though sometimes id see them chasing somebody else.Plus since everythings gonna be smarter and realer cop chases will be more fun but even it being kindof hard to get away i hope sneaking around will be easier than it seems

Just wanted to know if anyone heard anything about cop chases. I could outrun cop cars in a Faggio in SA and I was wondering if the cop chaes in IV were real ones like say the ones in the Driver games.

the chases are supposovly very realistic...just as all the other emergency services....no more kamikazi patrol or suicide patrols i hope