Help needed with multiplayer install

I have GTA Vice City and I just heard about the multiplayer feature. Im having serious trouble downloading this stuff, at one point my computer was a mess of files and I had to sort them all out. I went through all the faqs and the helps for 3 hours and have nothing. I have a Windows XP just in case you needed to know, and I need some serious help with this. Can you please help me?

Im :bashhead: so confused

Now my Vice City wont even work anymore, and I dont know why cause all the files I put in that werent installed using Run program were put out of all Vice City Folders, I can uninstall GTA VC and reinstall it though

Edited by Vercetti Thug

I have GTA Vice City and I just heard about the multiplayer feature. Im having serious trouble downloading this stuff, at one point my computer was a mess of files and I had to sort them all out. I went through all the faqs and the helps for 3 hours and have nothing. I have a Windows XP just in case you needed to know, and I need some serious help with this. Can you please help me?

Im :bashhead: so confused

Now my Vice City wont even work anymore, and I dont know why cause all the files I put in that werent installed using Run program were put out of all Vice City Folders, I can uninstall GTA VC and reinstall it though

Are you sure that you don't messed ANY VC folder while installing VC MultiPlayer?

I uninstalled and reinstalled my VC, so thats not the problem. The problem is I dont know how to extract the zip files, what file goes where, how to use the files in correct order, and so on. The help place also says something about .vcm files that I have no idea about. Can anyone make a list or something?

Im so confused

I have 100% and nothing else to do!!!! Help me!!!! A list walkthrough wuld be nice ...

Im so confused

A list would be nice...

I finally found the correct file place, and put VC:MP v0.3z in it and ran it, and now im looking at a list of server names.

But now it says

Error

GTA: Vice City executable not found.

(C:\DOcuments and Settings\Owner\My Documents\VC-MP_0.3z_client\gta-vc.exe)

Please locate it now

And then it gives me a browse screen. I dont know what to do now, im so close.

Ok now theres a new error message, but I found out how to get the exectuable command (put in installation disk), but now that I done that, it said

gta-vc.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Ok now theres a new error message, but I found out how to get the exectuable command (put in installation disk), but now that I done that, it said

gta-vc.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Search that file in your Vice City folder. If you don't have it then get it from someone. If you do have it then it's probably something else wrong with it.

Did you ever have to browse for the folder your Vice City files are in?

I do have it, but the icon on it looks different than the other mss files, and the only successful mod so far that ive been able to do was Vice City skins, so I dont think I messed it around too much

Skins don't require as much as multiplayer mods do. Skins are just textures and a multiplayer game is a huge modification in comparison.