Guess on the controls?

Stojko

My wrists get extremely sore if I use the PS3 controller with racing games that use R2/L2 for acceleration/brake... do you think Grand Theft Auto IV will use those triggers for driving or do you think there will be another controller layout? I'd like to see a similar layout to that of previous GTA games...

I think the controls will be customized per player. Who knows maybe even keyboard and mouse support as well. Which would do wonders for the Multiplayer, as for keyboard support. Appearently you contact friends on your in game cell, and IM them to setup a game. Id like a keyboard in this case, would be the logical thing to do. Kinda hard to type with a console controller.

I think controls will be very user friendly. and able to edit.

The controls have already been confirmed I think, I'll have a look around and see if I can find them for you.

EDIT 2:

Found them and yes, R2 and L2 are used to accelerate and brake.

White text denotes an on-foot event

Red text denotes an on-click event

Blue text denotes an in-car event

xbox360controls.jpg

ps3controls.jpg

Source: http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/inc/information/controls

Edited by FallenClyro

The controls have already been confirmed I think, I'll have a look around and see if I can find them for you.

EDIT 2:

Found them and yes, R2 and L2 are used to accelerate and brake.

White text denotes an on-foot event

Red text denotes an on-click event

Blue text denotes an in-car event

xbox360controls.jpg

ps3controls.jpg

Source: http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/inc/information/controls

Are you kidding me? fuck that's bullshit I fuckin hate those kinds of controlls.

On Xbox 360 you can choose in your console settings whether you use triggers or buttons for racing games. Is there no such configuration changes possible on PS3?

I didn't know you could do that to a 360, plus I quite like the controls for racing games and action with any games on the 360 its comfortable to handle but on the PS3 its too fidley to handle. :innocent:

I think the default setup will be the R2/ L2 for driving (RT/LT if you use Xbox like me!)

but as for the customization, you might be able to customize the controller but GTA never had that befor (as far as i remember)

and for the keyboard...just get a chatpad if you have a 360....those things are amazing