Help needed!

Jet

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/?p=file&id=1481

Go to that link and click on download. You'll need the IMGTool to replace the files. Here is the link for the IMGTool. http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/?p=file&id=1105

There are 248 files to replace which means thats a lot! I was replacing files with that but I got tired of it so I stopped doing it. When I checked the map, half of the map was detailed.

Go to that link and click on download. You'll need the IMGTool to replace the files. Here is the link for the IMGTool. http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/?p=file&id=1105

There are 248 files to replace which means thats a lot! I was replacing files with that but I got tired of it so I stopped doing it. When I checked the map, half of the map was detailed.

I didn't check your links on which file you're referring to but, in any case, I don't know where you're getting that number from! The game has 144 separate radar map files that must be replaced for the entire map to change.

If the file you're referring to is the Ian Albert map conversion by Baygon, you have to replace the 144 radar files and one frontend file.

Sandah: Here's a fast, painless way to replace all those files... You first need two IMG editors - Img Tool V2 and the Spark Editor (don't ask me for the links cuz I can't recall). To start, use either editor to open the 'gta3.img' file. Then find the option in the program that lets you sort the entries by name. This will rearrange the list alphabetically.

Scroll down until you find the entry 'radar00.txd' then click once on it. Then scroll down until you find the entry labelled 'radar99.txd'. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on this entry. If you did it right, everything between the radar00 and radar99 files (inclusive) will be selected.

At this point, you might want to pick the 'EXPORT' option to back-up all the original files before going further! If anything goes wrong you'll need them, so now's the time.

Now either pick the 'DELETE' option from the main menu or the right-click (context) menu. This will delete all 144 original radar map files in one shot. Close the file and exit the program if using Img Tool.

Next step is where you need to use the Spark Editor. It must be used because it, unlike Img Tool, will allow you to add multiple files at once. So run this program and open the 'gta3.img' file. Choose the IMPORT/ADD option. Goto the folder where you've unpacked all the new radar map files. Now, just like you picked all the radar00-99 files like I described above (click first file, SHIFT-click last file), select them all and hit OPEN/LOAD. Spark will then load and add all the files.

Save the .img file and you're done! Beats the hell out of adding files one by one huh?!

Try loading the game and seeing how the new map looks... If there are any problems while viewing it, you'll have to do like I did and reload the 'gta3.img' file into Img Tool and pick the 'Rebuild Archive' option. You might even have to do this more than once. In the end, it should work without any graphical glitches if you did it right.

So there you go... Just so you know, I'm taking the time to explain this to you, and for anyone else wondering, because I had to cross this bridge myself and no one helped me out when I asked so I'm trying to help others avoid the problems I had.

I didn't check your links on which file you're referring to but, in any case, I don't know where you're getting that number from! The game has 144 separate radar map files that must be replaced for the entire map to change.

If the file you're referring to is the Ian Albert map conversion by Baygon, you have to replace the 144 radar files and one frontend file.

Sandah: Here's a fast, painless way to replace all those files... You first need two IMG editors - Img Tool V2 and the Spark Editor (don't ask me for the links cuz I can't recall). To start, use either editor to open the 'gta3.img' file. Then find the option in the program that lets you sort the entries by name. This will rearrange the list alphabetically.

Scroll down until you find the entry 'radar00.txd' then click once on it. Then scroll down until you find the entry labelled 'radar99.txd'. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on this entry. If you did it right, everything between the radar00 and radar99 files (inclusive) will be selected.

At this point, you might want to pick the 'EXPORT' option to back-up all the original files before going further! If anything goes wrong you'll need them, so now's the time.

Now either pick the 'DELETE' option from the main menu or the right-click (context) menu. This will delete all 144 original radar map files in one shot. Close the file and exit the program if using Img Tool.

Next step is where you need to use the Spark Editor. It must be used because it, unlike Img Tool, will allow you to add multiple files at once. So run this program and open the 'gta3.img' file. Choose the IMPORT/ADD option. Goto the folder where you've unpacked all the new radar map files. Now, just like you picked all the radar00-99 files like I described above (click first file, SHIFT-click last file), select them all and hit OPEN/LOAD. Spark will then load and add all the files.

Save the .img file and you're done! Beats the hell out of adding files one by one huh?!

Try loading the game and seeing how the new map looks... If there are any problems while viewing it, you'll have to do like I did and reload the 'gta3.img' file into Img Tool and pick the 'Rebuild Archive' option. You might even have to do this more than once. In the end, it should work without any graphical glitches if you did it right.

So there you go... Just so you know, I'm taking the time to explain this to you, and for anyone else wondering, because I had to cross this bridge myself and no one helped me out when I asked so I'm trying to help others avoid the problems I had.

OMFG! I calculated the mods! Gosh you think your the best.

Edited by YoungJosh404

OMFG! I calculated the mods! Gosh you think your the best.

You 'calculated' the mods ?!?! I'd like to see what numbering system you're using to come up with that figure when the files start at 00 and end at 143! I know this because I had to try several times to get them all installed and working and so the numbers kinda stuck in my head! I only mentioned it because you were off by such a huge amount and it might make the guy think twice about installing.

And no, I don't think I'm the 'best'! I'm simply trying to be helpful in my own way.