Prizes

Gerard

GTW is going to be running a big GTA IV competition when the game is released, and there are going to be big prizes, although we haven't decided what they should be yet.

What sorts of prizes do you think we should give away?

There are going to be three levels of competition - each with bigger and better prizes than the one below it.

For example:

Tier 1 - a console, a copy of GTA IV, and some Rockstar Goodies

Tier 2 - a copy of GTA IV and some Rockstar goodies

Tier 3 - Rockstar goodies (clothing, stickers, posters etc)

Is there anything else you think would make a good prize in a big GTA IV competition?

GTW is Grand Theft Wiki - the big GTA wiki me (and Chris) started a couple of years ago.

In case you're wondering what I mean by "big" - well... Gamespot, GameFAQs and Joystiq will all be directly promoting this competition.

You can also see us integrated into Gamespot and GameFAQs - we're the wiki tab in their GTA IV sections.

GTW is Grand Theft Wiki - the big GTA wiki me (and Chris) started a couple of years ago.

In case you're wondering what I mean by "big" - well... Gamespot, GameFAQs and Joystiq will all be directly promoting this competition. You can also see us integrated into Gamespot and GameFAQs - we're the wiki tab in their GTA IV sections.

Toxic - you're kinda right. A lot of people will already have the game, certainly those who really want it, and they are going to be the type of people active on the wiki. Perhaps if we're offering the Special Edition of GTA IV, then thats something most people won't have. I'll have a think about that one though.

We're not saying we're the only competition around, of course there will be loads. We just want to make sure we're giving out the best prizes, and that the winners in the GTA community get what they want and deserve.

As for people already owning the game, don't forget we're trying to give away consoles and stuff too. Anything else that you would want more than another copy of the game?

Yeah, Chris helped with content in the early stages but he 'concentrates' on tgtap now.

There are going to be 3 tiers of prizes at the same time. I won't tell you how it works yet, but the 'best' people go into a draw for a Tier 1 prize, the 2nd best group of people go for Tier 2, and the third go for Tier 3. So we need 3 groups of prizes.

I think we've decided against giving away a copy of the game - that's a bit pointless to do after the launch.

How's are these suggestions:

Tier 1 - Xbox 360 Console (Normal (Not Arcade or whatever))

Tier 2 - GTA IV Limited Edition (If still available) and GTA Goodies

Tier 3 - GTA IV and Rockstar Goodies

Tier 1 - Xbox 360 Console with GTA IV

Tier 2 - GTA IV Game with a Cash Prize

Tier 3 - Rockstar Goodies and Miscellaneous Prizes.

I am also just bringing the topic back up because it is a reasonably important topic, for Gerard and Chris to get ideas of what everyone wants, you know.

i wont have GTA4. as im waiting for pc. so winning a console would be pretty cool! but there should be other choices of prizes in case you get 2nd place and dont want that game or haven't got the console. and with console be able to choose XBOX or PS3

whens this comp or whatever then?

Edited by Deji