I decided to get a PS3 ........ thanks for al the great input

NickDW

*edit*

First off let me say how awesome you guys are.......any other forum I have been on this topic would have started a flame war with all the fan boys pushing their system.

I guess I haven't really articulated myself properly though, I was looking for input on which system to get not specifically for GTA IV.

Overall from what I have seen and read the PS3 hasn't even hit its peak as for how far graphics and all can go.

I did own an XBox 360 and I really liked it but I've always liked my other Sony Playstations also (PS 1 and PS 2).

I've decided (along with the "Boss" <--- My wife) to go ahead and get the PS3. Mainly for the Blueray and the reverse compatability.

Now the question is which one do I get?

The one with the smaller HD or the one with the larger HD and the WiFi.

I don't really have a need for the WiFi and all the card reader slots on the higher end one. The larger HD would be nice but I've seen reviews where they said Sony has put in the owners manual how to install a larger HD.

OLD POST

I don't have an XBox 360 since I gave it to my nephew as a Christmas present Dec 2006 And I've finally got the money to where I can buy a PS3.

Basically I'm looking for good input on both consoles..............PLEASE don't let this turn into a console lame war.

*edit*

I was a little tired after getting off from work this morning when I posted so I left some stuff out......

I got the 360 when dead rising came out (being it was XBox only) and I really liked it.  I enjoyed the 360 allot overall but the PS3 hadn't launched yet when I had it.

So now that the PS 3 is out I was wondering as an overall gaming platform which one would be better to get.  Not just for GTA 4 but for future games as well.

Edited by NickDW

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people will tell you to get the 360 version if you want the full experience, because of the two DLC packs, so I too would recommend that version - and it's the only reason why, otherwise they're identical - if you don't care about DLC, then get the console you'll purchase more games for.

Everyone who opts to wait for the PC version is going to be waiting a VERY long time considering it's not even been announced yet.

Xbox 360 got the two extra missions that you can get. Other than that PS3 and Xbox 360 for GTA 4 is for most part the same. But if you want a longer play time you should get Xbox 360. And the PC version will take a long time before it get released so...

PC version hasn't been announced. It would be impossible for you to know if it takes long, so you are lying.

You are right it haven't been announced, but I heard only rumours of that it maybe will come next year or something, maybe it's wrong I don't know. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Edited by mutu

forgetting about the exclusive downloadable crap fro a second, and not thinking about any games at all, which would anyone suggest buying. (note: still, dont turn it into a war!)

on another note, i bet that maybe a year or two after the downloadable xbox stuff is out, it'll be available to the ps3. it just doesnt seem right. i mean, look what happened with the two psp gta's. they were both "exclusive". for a while.

i just wouldn't make the decision on the content alone.

I'm sure I read somewhere that DLC wasn't coming to PS3. And even though the PSP GTA's were exclusive, the PSP and PS2 are really the same thing, except from the PSP being portable and not really as good. So they brought it out on PS2 too.

Right, but if you can afford a 360 Elite, get that for it, if not, get a PS3.

yeah i know. it does say that the content is exclusive to the 360, but i just wouldn't throw any (for lack of a better word) hope out the window. stranger things have happened...

I've recently read that the X360 DLC packs for GTA4 compare in size somewhere between VC & SA, so to get the most

out of it, I'd say X360 if you have to pick just one. As I understand, you want one made after Sept. '07 to avoid the

"Red Ring of Death" issue. According to a local game shop, if you look through the grate on the left end (looking at the

front of the console) you'll see a copper strip on the older units. Newer production apparently doesn't have that strip,

this is from a couple of local sources.

Eventually I plan on a PS3 as well, since both have exclusive games that look good.

I don't have an XBox 360 since I gave it to my nephew as a Christmas present Dec 2006 And I've finally got the money to where I can buy a PS3.

Basically I'm looking for good input on both consoles..............PLEASE don't let this turn into a console lame war.

I haven't got myself a 360 or PS3 as of yet, but I'm glad that this topic has been brought up because I was wondering the same thing. I have always been loyal to PS and I don't think that will change, but recently I have worried that the 360 GTA IV experience may be superior to that of the PS3 experience. But as someone quite rightly mentioned above, it would be wise to settle for the console that you will buy the most games for. Personally I prefer the PS games so I guess my minds made up. The other thing about X-Box I find difficult to deal with is the controller. I have always prefered the PS controller. I guess some will agree and others will not. I just find the PS controller easier to use....sorry for going off topic!

^

Yeah I am very used to a PS controller.

The DLC is only two alternate missions (which probably can be seen on youtube) and the size of SA/VC was exaggerrated however if your buying a console solely for IV get the 360 though if you want the DLC etc.

I bought the PS3 because I think its a good console with some good games coming out on it soon and also because it can do other non gaming stuff on it too.

The choice is yours but make it quick because IV is coming out soon.

I was a little tired after getting off from work this morning when I posted so I left some stuff out......

I got the 360 when dead rising came out (being it was XBox only) and I really liked it. I enjoyed the 360 allot overall but the PS3 hadn't launched yet when I had it.

So now that the PS 3 is out I was wondering as an overall gaming platform which one would be better to get. Not just for GTA 4 but for future games as well.

(I edited my original post to contain all this information also.

Most of the people posting here will tell you to buy the Xbox because it got those two extra missions. And the PS3 is a good consol as well.

But it's your choise of course.

I highly dought its just two freakin missions. They said hours of all new gamplay in the episodic content download.

Edited by fatalgamer

I bought the PS3 because I think its a good console with some good games coming out on it soon and also because it can do other non gaming stuff on it too.

And the 360 can't?

If you already have the 360, which is undoubtedly the better console for GTAIV, why would you buy a PS3?

I'm not a big console gamer so I can't tell you about exclusives.