I decided to get a PS3 ........ thanks for al the great input

NickDW

I was a little tired after getting off from work this morning when I posted so I left some stuff out......

I got the 360 when dead rising came out (being it was XBox only) and I really liked it. I enjoyed the 360 allot overall but the PS3 hadn't launched yet when I had it.

So now that the PS 3 is out I was wondering as an overall gaming platform which one would be better to get. Not just for GTA 4 but for future games as well.

(I edited my original post to contain all this information also.

Well the PS3 has Haze, MGS 4 and Coded Arms when it eventually comes out. The 360 has Gears of War 2, Heist, Mercanaries 2: World in Flames and Alan Wake. They both have some killer titles coming, so it's really up to you to decide. Choose based on which titles you would like to play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! im impressed with the amount of non-fanboy posts here!

i'd say the ps3... the controls are easier (for me anyway) and there is nothing wrong with the ps3. also i think it has more space... i don't have either so i cant give you a real suggestion...

i think the reason there are so many console wars is because they both cost loads and not many people can buy both so they choose any randomly and get defensive with their console.

i'd say get a Sony console and a microsoft pc! mix 'n match!

Edited by Deji

You really can't base which system you're going to get based on one game that will be on both systems. Both versions will be basically the same (minus the DLC for 360), so either way, you're going to get an awesome game.

I have a PS3, and I'm extremely happy with it. I don't own a 360, so I really can't say anything about it.

Your decision needs to be based on your other gaming wants/needs, and what each system provides in terms of those needs.

I'm going to buy a PS3 when GTA:IV comes out. But I'll need a HD-TV.

No is the best time for buying HDTVs. HDTVs always hit big ass price drops just after the super bowl. Look at the Vizios, really good prices for really good quality, and remember, when it comes to HDTVs, SIZE DOES MATTER! I got a 26" HD 720p Vizio for only $450, and thats before the super bowls price drops.

But yeah, personally I'm not saying get the 360 version cause I'm a 360 fanboy, thought i do like 360 and I do own one. I am planning on buying a PS3 soon. If the DL content was on the PS3 version, I would buy that version.

First off let me say how awesome you guys are.......any other forum I have been on this topic would have started a flame war with all the fan boys pushing their system.

I guess I haven't really articulated myself properly though, I was looking for input on which system to get not specifically for GTA IV.

Overall from what I have seen and read the PS3 hasn't even hit its peak as for how far graphics and all can go.

I did own an XBox 360 and I really liked it but I've always liked my other Sony Playstations also (PS 1 and PS 2).

I've decided (along with the "Boss" <--- My wife0 to go ahead and get the PS3. Mainly for the Blueray and the reverse compatability.

Now the question is which one do I get?

The one with the smaller HD or the one with the larger HD and the WiFi.

I don't really have a need for the WiFi and all the card reader slots on the higher end one. The larger HD would be nice but I've seen reviews where they said Sony has put in the owners manual how to install a larger HD.

thoughts.....??

Edited by NickDW

First off let me say how awesome you guys are.......any other forum I have been on this topic would have started a flame war with all the fan boys pushing their system.

I guess I haven't really articulated myself properly though, I was looking for input on which system to get not specifically for GTA IV.

Overall from what I have seen and read the PS3 hasn't even hit its peak as for how far graphics and all can go.

I did own an XBox 360 and I really liked it but I've always liked my other Sony Playstations also (PS 1 and PS 2).

I've decided (along with the "Boss" <--- My wife0 to go ahead and get the PS3. Mainly for the Blueray and the reverse compatability.

Now the question is which one do I get?

The one with the smaller HD or the one with the larger HD and the WiFi.

I don't really have a need for the WiFi and all the card reader slots on the higher end one. The larger HD would be nice but I've seen reviews where they said Sony has put in the owners manual how to install a larger HD.

thoughts.....??

If you can wait, I'd suggest going for the MGS4 bundle. I don't have any idea how big the hard drive will be, but at least you get Metal Gear Solid 4 and an extra Dualshock controller.

So you've decided to get a PS3. Okay, I'd recommend you just go for the 40GB PS3 - if you have the money, buy a 60GB off Ebay or Amazon or something, but prepare to pay over the odds for one. You can easily upgrade the hard drive for the 40GB to something more substantial - 120GB if you want, or 500GB, whatever you can find. Just type 'upgrade PS3 hard drive' in Google and you'll find lots of helpful links.

There's 2 pages from Amazon I just looked at, and both are just for the console and 1 controller. I'm sure you'll find bundles via BestBuy or whatever stores you have in the US, but here are both links anyway:

Used & New 60GB PS3s from $399.99.

New 40GB PS3s from $399.99,, Used 40GB PS3s from $349.00.

If you're looking for backwards compatibility, then the 60GB is really your only option, but if you're not bothered about that, the 40GB is basically the same, minus the compatibility and a few other slots. It's quieter and more energy efficient than the 60GB as well, apparently.

I have both PS3 and 360 consoles and can honestly say that i enjoy my 360 a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 can do some amazing things (Blueray looks incredible), i just find the 360 more fun.

Oh and if your worried about the switch in controllers, don't worry. I've been playing on PS2 for four years before

even touching an X-Box one and still i prefer 360 controls. But meh, if you really can't decide, save up and buy both.

^ Alkaline, read his posts again:

He's getting a PS3, he just wants to know which version is the best, now. As I said before, get it from Amazon or whatever American stores you have.

PS3 is sooo much better than X-Box, believe me.

He wants advice and reasons on which one he should get. Just don't come in here and say PS3 is better <_<.

Anyways Like what mostly everyone else said get whatever console you want, Its your choice since its going to be the same game on both consoles. Its also your choice if you want the DLC or not.

Ok, heres my opinion. I have a PS3 which i LOVE. Now i have played on both systems and while the XBOX is a great system, it does not have a BLURAY player which is a major plus with the PS3 and the graphics and are as brilliant as on the PS3. BUT The XBOX does have great online, as does the PS3, but XBOX Live is built up with many more members

In my opinion, my NON BIAS OPINION, i suggest the PS3 as is has a better longevity than the xbox, considering it does havea BLURAY player which was declared the winner of the nexgeneration DVD battle.

Both consols have almost the same feutures, but they do have some different feutures to. So it's actually all up to you to decide what you like the most. I got Xbox 360 myself and I don't regret my choise, I think it's a great consol. Even though I haven't tryed the PS3 yet, im sure it's a very good consol aswell.

I bought the PS3 because I think its a good console with some good games coming out on it soon and also because it can do other non gaming stuff on it too.

And the 360 can't?

If you already have the 360, which is undoubtedly the better console for GTAIV, why would you buy a PS3?

I'm not a big console gamer so I can't tell you about exclusives.

Did I sa ythe 360 can't? Re-read my post, all I said was if its for IV solely get the 360 but if he thinking about lots of games go for which he feels best.