Bully Scolarship Edition

fatalgamer

So a few day back I picked up Bully Scholarship Edition for the 360. Due to requests by Urbanoutlaw, I was just gonna give it a bit of a review and compare it to it's predisecor. I'm sure some of you have played Bully on the PS2. Very cool game I'll bet you agree. It's a softer Rockstar title, but it has that gritty Rockstar style and humor intact and it plays much like GTA. It is a big change from the voilent gunplay of GTA San Andreas, but thats not to say there is'nt some violence in there to.

Bully on the PS2 was great, but when put up to the 360s Bully Scholarship Edition, 360 comes out on top. Added content like more missions, classes, achievments and a very significant visual upgrade is the edge of the original. It does clunk along sometimes due to the fact that its a port, the frame rate does dip. A patch for it has been released and it did help alot, but there are still a few bugs. But not to worry, Rockstar has gone on record as to say that there will be patches to eleviate these problems. They are not to much to make you hate the game or not get the full fun experience out of the game, but you will notice them, and they do get annoying at times.

Overall, if you dont have it on 360, even if you do have it on PS2, I still highly recommend it. You'll be glad you did.

PS2 and 360 visual comparison:

Edited by fatalgamer

The graphics have changed. That screen isn't a very good comparison. You can go check out some video reviews such as on Gamespot or IGN or any other gaming site. I haven't tried Bully on any systems yet but maybe eventually I'll buy the 360 version after I get bored (haha as if) of GTA IV. Seems like a very interesting and unique game.

Yeah the pics arent very good comparisons, could find any better ones. The videos really show off the visual upgrade better. Seeing the shadows and reflections in action, you notice the difference. Plus the character models look alot smoother. In the shots above, the PS2 shot, Jimmy's face looks kinda flat and squared, where as in the 360 they look alot more smooth and natural. Very fun game. It's seeming to last a bit longer than I remember. I love it, I played it alot, but when I beat a game I like to pretty much forget about it and later on down the road, go back and play it again. It seems to give the game new life and let you relive it. Keeps you from selling games after you get them, saves money. Those damn game store fuck you every time you sell a game. Don't let em do you dirty!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guy know that Rockstar didn't actually make it, it was Mad Doc Software, which now is owned by Rockstar and it called Rockstar New England.

Anyway, I'm surprised no one has talked about the Wii version, I'll start.

The Wii version ownz both 360 and PS2, the motion controls they used in the game is amazing, every single mission/class has it's own style of motion control, thus making it funner the more you progress. I've played both the 360 and Wii versions, yes the 360 version is an upgrade from the PS2, it terms of everything, plus extras, it's just a port. The Wii version is a different game in it's own right, you see games from Third Party devolpers (Spiderman 3, The Simpsons Game), that try to make a great game with the Wiimote, and fail, but Bully: SE is what the Wii was made for.

I think having Bully on Wii and having it that great test for GTA on the Wii.

The graphics look poor, they are better than the PS2 version, but it doesn't look nearly as good as it could have done. I myself have just started Bully for the 2nd time, just beginning to get back into it.

It's just a port, dude.... To be "as good as it could have" been, they would have had to recreate the entire game. Cut them some slack.

I'd love to get Bully for the Wii. Looks fun. Has always seemed like an interesting game.

The graphics look poor, they are better than the PS2 version, but it doesn't look nearly as good as it could have done. I myself have just started Bully for the 2nd time, just beginning to get back into it.

It's just a port, dude.... To be "as good as it could have" been, they would have had to recreate the entire game. Cut them some slack.

I'd love to get Bully for the Wii. Looks fun. Has always seemed like an interesting game.

I know, I'm just saying, knowing what the 360 can do, and that there wasn't any tight time frames to stick to (that I know of), a slight graphical lift would have been an excellent decision.

@ Vercetti Thug, don't let the graphics put you off, because it's an extremely fun game to play, with extras not in the PS2 and Wii versions. If you don't already own it, it's a great purchase to make.

Edited by The Bossman

You'll enjoy things like killing rats w/ your slingshot & throwing them at prefects. Yes, they WILL chase you. You can

also stuff people into trashcans or lockers, give wedgies, throw stink bombs/itching powder/eggs/etc, & get into general

mischief.

Bully II (if they make it) should have "rat wedgies" where you throw a dead rat into someone's underwear as you give

them a wedgie.

I guess maybe that lunch lady in the commercial turned me off. Why do lunch ladies have moles all the time? Oh and, umm I was wondering why they decided to make the main character bald. I haven't really seen that in a Rockstar game, and in fact, except for 8-ball, it hasn't been in GTA, I dont think at all.

(Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against bald people, but why would a high schooler or whatever he is be bald so young? Is there a story behind it in the game?)

@ Vercetti Thug, don't let the graphics put you off, because it's an extremely fun game to play, with extras not in the PS2 and Wii versions. If you don't already own it, it's a great purchase to make.

Um, the Wii version has like more extras then the PS2 version, and special Wii versions of classes and fighting moves, more fun then the 360 version for sure, just cause of the controls. Oh and the graphics are the same pretty much then the 360 version.

I guess maybe that lunch lady in the commercial turned me off. Why do lunch ladies have moles all the time? Oh and, umm I was wondering why they decided to make the main character bald. I haven't really seen that in a Rockstar game, and in fact, except for 8-ball, it hasn't been in GTA, I dont think at all.

(Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against bald people, but why would a high schooler or whatever he is be bald so young? Is there a story behind it in the game?)

Ew, I hate her so much, made me gag.

It's really to show that he's rough around the edges, his life hasn't been that great, stuff like that, I'm pretty sure you could make CJ bald though. Dunno, but I think it suits him. (Unless your like me and made him goth)