I need help

Metal=yes

okay, so im so confused...i bought GTA for my comp today, and i want to do all the neat-o mods and what not, so i downgrade mine and install a mod to kinda test it, but now when i go to load the game, it pops up with a message saying "the game has encountered a problem and needs to close"

i dont know what it is i did wrong, but can any one help me? maybe walk me through the process?

okay, so heres the problem, im still having it too...but i installed the game, i downgraded it, but everytime i try one of those "100% completion" things, the game freezes, then thats where the error message comes in....

i dont want to play through the game again cause i did it on the PS2, and i only bought the computer version to try my shot at modding....

what do i do?

I think I might now a way to fix it. Re-install the game but not downgrade it, because the save-game might be a v2. (If you bought the game recently it's probably v2.) If you do so, you will not be able to have any mods installed in the game.

If you want mods you will have to downgrade the game to v1. Then you can use SAMI, I use that for most parts because I mean it's simple. You just download it, install it and the run it. When you install manually it's a bit more work. Then you will have to open the mods with WinRar probably. And you have to get IMG tool...