GTA:SA Officially Confirmed!

Chris

San Andreas has just been officially confirmed

After registering a number of potential Grand Theft Auto titles earlier this year, Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the next game in the series will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. A PlayStation 2 exclusive, the game is currently scheduled for release in North America on October 19 and in Europe on October 22.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved, and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

"We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series, and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values,"

added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North.

Excellent news for everyone!

Source: Gamespot

Wow! This is the best news I've had this month! ^_^

Well, lets hope that R* listen to their fans, eh? If you take all the wishlists posted on GTA forums and put them together, then the list would probably fit around Jupiter three times. But, if you dont count Nestea's constant posting of shitty boring ideas on forums all over the web, the list will be about a quarter of that length. <_<

its gonna be released well over a month after my bday but i'll just ask for money so i can get a decent capture card so i can be the first to make an SA stunt vid :P

and yeah i hope they read all the wishlists and stuff, i expect they did. If anybody here goes to the forums on IGN they'll know that Adam, a guy who works for rockstar goes there so he will have read any wishes posted on the IGN boards