GTA to return to Vice City in 2009?

Rumors are running wild across the internet that GTA’s next outing, yes, the next outing after GTA IV will be set in the washed-up avenue of Vice City in 2009. Only a year after GTA IV? Well, it could be possible, look at GTA Vice City, that was released a year after GTA III but whether or not it’s possible with the new hardware and technology now is unknown. A Belgian site, who started this entire rumor told readers that they received a release schedule for Take Two in 2009 with a paragraph about the next GTA supposedly coming Autumn 09′, presumably after GTA IV. This is the paragraph below:

“Grand Theft Auto Sequel (Not Announced): Find Vice City, plagued by corruption and decadence. Your case is being undermined by the local police, your mission is to rebuild the bar and to reaffirm at the head of the city of one thousand colors.”

Source: Rockstar Uncut

I would be seriously disspaointed if they re-visited Vice City, I want something new, maybe a Tokyo/London area would be better, Rome maybe?

Rome would be very interesting. What about Egypt...that would be really weird and crazy.

But I'm some what expecting Vice City to make a return, but I'm not really sure, just taking a stab in the dark.

But yeah...2009...too early.

A whole new Vice City with new places and a lot more gathered into one place would be cool. :) I liked the whole atmosphere of it. But then again something different would be nice. I was wondering about San Andreas (Stories). Nah. I'm really liking how GTA IV is looking. Want to see some more of that.

I agree with Red Devil, a move out of America into an Asian themed city such as Tokyo. They could base the story around Japanese car theft or something like that. However, GTAIII made it into stores un noticed. This time around GTAIV will be released with so much hype it's insane. I think Rockstar have just set the limits even higher therefore they will need more then 12 months to create something better then IV. So Whatever is installed for the IV series might not end for another 10 or so years.

Dont get me wrong, I like the 'American' crime themes in GTA however I want R* to do something different having 3 different cities in three totally different locations would be good. Tokyo is a good shout and also London, Tokyo because of its fast cars and London because of the great landmarks it has and the criminals it has.

To me doing Vice City again would show lack if ideas for R*.

Also this might be a bit off topic but I would like a 70s theme in a game. Driver (Parallel Lines) had this and it worked welll there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see Vice City a tad bit later, cmon the game before GTA IV was set in Vice City, its too early. About, GTA 6 i suppose?

I want it like this.

GTA 5, set in London 2009/2010.

GTA 6, set in Vice City 2010/2011.

GTA 7, set in San Andreas 2012/2013.

3D London would be so sick and amazing.

I hope Rockstar do London.