For PS3 Owners

I already own a Xbox 360 Pro console, my Xbox 360 has been very good to me. I bought a few months after launch, and I have had no problems whatsoever. But I'm becoming slightly worried because my Xbox 360 is starting to freeze, not like every time I play a game freeze put in the past two months its probably frozen twice.

I was looking at getting a blu-ray player for my HDTV, then noticed that the Playstation 3 is very similar in price to most blu-ray players on the market. So I began thinking if the PS3 is worth my money. Obviously GTA IV is comming out on the PS3, so if my Xbox 360 ever takes a dump on me I can just get it for the PS3.

Will you please tell if you think I should invest in a PS3, why or why not? Also tell me, what do you like about your PS3? What do you not like about it? Please give me examples with your answers (I don't want any Xbox 360 fanboys answers). Thank You.

I'd say go for it. True, there are other blu-ray players on the market for cheaper, but none of them can play PS3 games!

I've had my PS3 for about a year now, and I haven't had any problems with it. There's bound to be some games that come out for the PS3 only that you'd want to own the PS3 for, such as Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gran Turismo 5 (and MLB08, if you're a baseball fan, awesome game). Plus, there's always the possibility that GTA becomes a sony exclusive again (...okay, I'm thinking 1% chance, if that), but wouldn't it be good to be covered just in case? And like you said, if your 360 does crap out, then you'd still be able to play GTA if you got it for both systems.

What do I like about my PS3? Well, short answer is, everything. I know people bring up the lack of games, but I've found plenty to keep me busy, but I've always liked the sony games over microsoft ones. The Blu-Ray player is a plus (duh), and the fact that there's no subscription fee for the Playstation Network, even if it doesn't have as much content as xbox live.

Negatives? The Six-axis controller feature is garbage. I haven't seen a game use it properly yet. Good thing they're bringing the dual shock back.

For the extra you'd pay over a lower line Blu-Ray player, I'd say its definitely worth it.

Edited by badgerov