2 girls microwave a hamster

JustADummy

lulz

2 teen girls held in hamster abuse

By GLENDA ANDERSON

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Two Lower Lake High School girls were in Juvenile Hall on Wednesday facing animal cruelty charges for allegedly microwaving a hamster.

The hamster, Bugsy, survived, but later chewed off three feet that were badly burned and had turned black, said Lake County Animal Control Officer Morgan Hermann.

Now (Bugsy) has one leg, she said.

The girls, ages 14 and 15, allegedly put the hamster in the microwave twice because they were bored. The second time, they saw that Bugsys feet were cooking, Hermann said.

The girls said they wanted to see the hamster go around and around on the plate in the microwave, said Clearlake Police Officer Carl Miller. They also briefly placed the hamster in a freezer, he said.

The hamster was a birthday gift from the 14-year-old to the 15-year-old, Miller said. The girls names were not released because they are juveniles.

The incident occurred in December at the 15-year-olds home, but it was not reported to Animal Control and police until late March, after the students had been released for spring break.

The girls were arrested and booked into Juvenile Hall after they returned to school Monday. The District Attorneys Office on Wednesday charged them with felony animal cruelty, Miller said.

Bugsys ordeal came to light because the girls had told other students what theyd done, Miller said.

The girls have admitted to microwaving Bugsy, Miller said. But he said the girls told him they didnt think Bugsy would die because theyd only left the pet in the microwave for about 5 seconds.

I dont think they think they did anything wrong, which is scary for teenage girls, said Clearlake Police spokesman Lt. Mike Hermann.

Their stay in Juvenile Hall may change that, he said.

A Juvenile Court judge will determine today whether to release the girls or keep them for another 72 hours, Miller said.

The judge also will decide their punishment, which could range from probation to a maximum of one year in the California Youth Authority, which he said was unlikely.

Miller said the girls parents were unaware of what had happened to the hamster. When he told the 15-year-olds mother, she was first in disbelief, then shock, he said.

Despite the trauma and missing feet, Bugsy apparently is chubby, doing well and has been released to a teacher who had been caring for the animal for several weeks.

He can jump out of a shoe box. He runs on his nubs, Miller said.

Last year, two teenage girls were arrested in connection with setting a kitten on fire in Santa Rosas Apple Valley neighborhood and faced animal cruelty charges.

The tale of the treatment and recovery of the kitten dubbed Adam the Cat drew widespread attention.

link

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the trauma and missing feet, Bugsy apparently is chubby, doing well and has been released to a teacher who had been caring for the animal for several weeks.
Meet him? WTF?

he's dead.

Lol.

Can anyone say animal cruelty?

Also, I don't believe the girls. How can the hamster's foot turn black and get chewed off being in the microwave for 5 seconds? Bull!

Meet him? WTF?

he's dead.

Lol.

Can anyone say animal cruelty?

Also, I don't believe the girls. How can the hamster's foot turn black and get chewed off being in the microwave for 5 seconds? Bull!

The microwave went through the body and straight to the legs being a condensed, outer area of the hamster.

The feet were badly burned and skin, tendon and muscle probably died, along with the bones becoming frail.

The hamster noticed its legs weren't working, and like a hamster, he bit them off.

Thats just sick, what the fuck is wrong with those girls?

They seem fun.

You really are a fucking sick bastard, go back to 4chan. We don't want your kind on this forum to be honest. Keep your sick fantasies to yourself or GTFO of my forums.

Vercetti Thug, it probably is true, this is like the third "microwaved hamster" story I've heard in the past few years... shame really.

It's just not funny. I have a hamster myself and I cherish every moment when I'm with it and this "microwaving a hamster cus I'm bored then putting it in the freezer" angers me even more.

Btw, the article has been removed so please keep this here for references..

Edited by αzи

The microwave went through the body and straight to the legs being a condensed, outer area of the hamster.

The feet were badly burned and skin, tendon and muscle probably died, along with the bones becoming frail.

The hamster noticed its legs weren't working, and like a hamster, he bit them off.

You a hamster expert or something? No, I'm kidding.

Still, biting off your own leg while still attached (or even somewhat) it kind of weird.

Edited by Rashon.

Shit, thats fucked up. Damn I have a gerbil and just imagine putting him in the microwave really creeps me out. They are some sick people. Hell if I were her parents I would smack her face inside out. They were bored what the hell, you don't put a hamster in a microwave.

And 5 seconds thats crap. I accidently once dropped my gerbil from almost three feet up high (bit me) he later survied and is doing fine. They must of kept him in there longer and they put him twice. Max punishment. ( my opionon).

I think I've heard of cases like this... but it was from my hilarious supply teacher.

He said when microwaves first come out, this old lady wanted to dry her puppy. So, she put the puppy in her "new microwave"

(I think this was when microwaves first came out) to dry it.

I think the end scenario is obvious.

Okay so I think being bored is worse excuse for putting a hamster in a microwave.

The girls were 14 & 15 and they did such a thing? How bored would you have to be to put a hamster in a microwave?

Edited by NotYouHaha