Constant Crashing during loading!

MichaelS

Hi, I'm new to these forums :) My name is michael, hi all. Ok here is my problem.

I have version2 of GTA SA. I downgraded it with the patch to us all mods. Ok so all my mods were working fine, I downloaded 100% saved games and even they were working fine. I had the game installed and running mods for about 2 weeks and then all of a sudden the game crashes when I try to load saved games. The loading screen comes up then the Microsoft error pops up.

I can start new games fine, and load saved games that are 33% complete. Anything higher than 33% is just crashing. Could anyone tell me whats wrong with the game please! (note: I have uninstalled and installed it back on, did not work, does the same thing, I have tried other saved games and they too do not work). I love this game and its so much better with mods. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it so so much!

Mickey

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I haven't seen a problem likely to your I must say. But I must ask what mods and how many did you install, because some mods may be corrupt or bugged. It might messed up your game, hard to tell. And the problem only happens when you about to load a saved game?

I have removed all mods, i used SAMI to install my mods. I must say, the problem occured when I went to install the hyundai accent, a new trailer, 2 chevs and one other thing, thats when it stopped loading. My comp. is dual boot gaming computer so it shouldn't be crashing. It was originally installed on Vista, thats where it happened. Uninstalled it, came over to XP and well... wouldn't load the games over 33 %. its really annoying me. Yes it only happens when I load a saved game, the bar gets full, it goes to change to the game, then my desktop appears with the error.

i think something similar happened to me once. mine kept crashing during a loading screen. it was a mod (the yamaha R1 bike or something...) i uninstalled it and it worked (for a while... http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16361 )

I'm on Vista too. I dont think that has anything to do with it, though.

try removing the files in the user data folder. not the saves or mp3's, just the others. there is one particular file in the save games folder that i would try deleting. gta_sa.set .

Like I said steve, I used SAMI and it automatically saves the backups. I uninstalled the mods which replacing the moded files with the original. I also reinstalled and that replaces the files.

Thanks ROWIE but it still didn't work damn it! I can't believe this... P.S Not long till the midnight launch of GTA4 !!!!

It's hard to say what could be the problem. Well if "I" really wanted to get to the bottom of this and play my game without issues I'd do some system restores if that didn't help, then a total system restore. Fresh copy of GTA and whala, of course this is what I'd do if nothing else was working. But if you don't think it's your pc, then it's something you installed, game or otherwise, causing the issues.

Restoring the whole system is a bit to much for me, I have done it so many times its just not funny! Oh well... I guess I will just muck around with some things, see what happens. Thanks

ADD: Here is a bit of the error report

AppName: gta_sa.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000000a

C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp\6a6c_appcompat.txt

Edited by MichaelS

Don't never have seen this error before :erm: . I hear what you mean about restoring, I done it more than I'd care to remember, but this is price I am willing to pay to test and learn. I hope you figure it out. If you do decide to restore, if you have the extra space copy all the major files before do anything with the game after you reinstall that. I have an Ex-HD with 500gb, so I just copied the whole game over on to it. If you don't have anything like this you can always pick one up for $125 (there many diff. sizes & prices) BestBuy - depending on where you live. Good luck, I'll still be here to help with whatever I can.

Trial and error. Reinstall the game but save the modded files, add the ones you know work fine then add ones you are unsure of and wait for a freeze. And you'll probably find out what is causing it. It's what I did when I had these kind of problems.