Small question

Why would members leave their account? There are some that would, but they tend to come back again and start posting or make topics up, some even tend to be really active. I've seen this site have more guests and members join quite a while ago, I believe it was when the first trailer for GTA IV was going to be released, that was probably the time this site was really active (With guests and members together).

And yes, all those statistics are true. But some of the guests are Google Bots or other Search Engines.

Even though it's beliveable 300 people is a lot!

The forum is very good and many people come just to read the topics without register. But does the 300 people count for one day or just for that specific moment?

We wouldn't be so sure, because we don't track their movements, but yes, it can be for a specific moment, or it could be just to view the board and keep starring for a few minutes. 300 guests aren't really much, I've seen this board get up to about a 1,000 guests around 7pm in UK time.

the bots or spiders are showing up as registered users. and the guest might just be un-logged in members.

Yes they show up as registered users but they are officially guests, they can view topics like anyone who visits the forums but they are generally unable to post and Personal message any members. They appear on the active users list but they are classified as guests, it only shows what bot is doing what and if bots are on-line.

I don't know why you think that 300 guests vs 20 members is so weird. I'd be suprised if it was vice-versa. Most people have a problem with a game or looking for a quick walkthrough of a specific mission, simply type the request in the google and get directed here. I don't register on forums I'd normally visit once in my life just to find a specific info, do you?